PIL

Mark_Aged_42

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ever had one of those moments where something happens which just stops you dead in your tracks, and makes you reconsider everything?
Ok, so I'm being a bit flippant, but bear with me.
My 10 year old daughter loves music, and I enjoy sharing tracks I love with her. My music is from the golden era, the 80s.
I suggested to her Public Image, "This is not a love song". She loved it, it still sounds great today.
Out of curiosity I went into You Tube to find any live performances.
Oh my. Seriously, oh my.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Rw4-gFtCQ&t=1230s
I never realised how good PIL are. Just how much power can JL summon at his age??
To take a pop song and morph into this beast, is incredible.
Every X Factor wannabee karaoke sad sack should be made to sit through this and then told
"Farck off and do not come back until you have 10% of this".

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ever had one of those moments where something happens which just stops you dead in your tracks, and makes you reconsider everything?
Ok, so I'm being a bit flippant, but bear with me.
My 10 year old daughter loves music, and I enjoy sharing tracks I love with her. My music is from the golden era, the 80s.
I suggested to her Public Image, "This is not a love song". She loved it, it still sounds great today.
Out of curiosity I went into You Tube to find any live performances.
Oh my. Seriously, oh my.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Rw4-gFtCQ&t=1230s
I never realised how good PIL are. Just how much power can JL summon at his age??
To take a pop song and morph into this beast, is incredible.
Every X Factor wannabee karaoke sad sack should be made to sit through this and then told
"Farck off and do not come back until you have 10% of this".

Mate, i hear you. PIL and others of that ilk were the soundtrack to my youth. Fantastic.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Agree with the OP. Lydon knows what makes a good song and more importantly how to deliver it and should definitely be held up to the wannabees of today's instant music as an example of what you need to do