1st Post: rate my Sept Trip to Scotland

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, Irish...but I understood him pretty good 😉.
...P.S....I like bunker shots.[/QUOTE
I just nod my head when he talks lol, ive heard him say he was nearly Britains best putter once.
Hows was the dunes i was meant to play sat sun past but something came up. Brillliant course

KitaScot

Medal Winner
Visit site
All the courses were in great shape for the time of year and the tiny tining of the greens.

As for weather, Dunes and Tain were abandoned, but for this group of one and two. One kid did catch up to me but he waited for the bad weather to pass and played just nine...LoL. He was really good though (I let him through watching him hit inside my 3w to a par3 with his 5i).

As for my game, my 3w saved a lot of holes (except for a couple of worm runners and a toe fade to a dentist's backyard (free ball with every cleaning?!). and made a few nice links type saves from off the greens.

Thursday is Dornoch
Friday is Golspie

Great towns, great time.

Jt

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
All the courses were in great shape for the time of year and the tiny tining of the greens.

As for weather, Dunes and Tain were abandoned, but for this group of one and two. One kid did catch up to me but he waited for the bad weather to pass and played just nine...LoL. He was really good though (I let him through watching him hit inside my 3w to a par3 with his 5i).

As for my game, my 3w saved a lot of holes (except for a couple of worm runners and a toe fade to a dentist's backyard (free ball with every cleaning?!). and made a few nice links type saves from off the greens.

Thursday is Dornoch
Friday is Golspie

Great towns, great time.

Jt

It wasn't "abandoned" everyone was at work:rofl:

Visitor wise this week is the Tomatin 3 day Pro Am. so Castle Stuart, Nairn and Royal Dornoch were closed Mon/Tues/Wed for this.

glad you enjoyed it

KitaScot

Medal Winner
Visit site
Dornoch was lovely with just the right amount of wind and rain (more spray really) to be a challenge. Though I had a lot of par putts, this was the 1st round with no pars but still enjoyable nonetheless...scored 101...lost two balls.

Highlight was bunker play... found two, one out for a 2 putt bogie, and another out for a 2 foot sand save!

A tournament caliber layout with no tricked-up holes.

Wore an Oscar Jacobson Gore-Tex jacket found at the Dornoch charity shop for 15 pounds! It'll remind me of my time here every time I wear it.

Tomorrow, Golspie GC.

Last edited: