Bought any music recently?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Haven't bought anything for a long time. My old mate Fish is mixing some live stuff from his acoustic tour last year which is supposedly sounding really good and Marillion are in the studio so something good to look forward to there. At the moment I'm trying to listen to live stuff as it tends to be that bit more edgy.

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
The last album I bought that I actually enjoyed was Sensory Overdrive by Michael Munroe (ex Hanoi Rocks) and that came out last year.

I haven't heard anything lately that really floats my boat apart from Balls Out by Steel Panther, and that's not exactly groundbreaking ;)

Justman

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The High Flying Birds album is superb. Never been an Oasis fan so it surprised me how good it was.

Bought a few bits of late. An old Bedrock CD mixed by John Digweed which I have tried to get hold of for ages. The Lana Del Ray album is very good as is Emile Sandé's. Awaiting Michael Kiwanuka's album through the post. Very impressed with the samples I've heard on iTunes. If you like things soulful, I reckon it's worth a purchase. The album I'm loving most at the moment is Miike Snow - Happy To You. Loved their first album and this doesn't disappoint!

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
All sorts of genres float my boat so have been listening to this little lot recently - probably time for some more!!

High Flying birds - Oasis at their best minus a great front man.

Plan B - Genius, I'm a real lyrics person and the story told through the album is great.

Jay Z & Kanye - Lyrically fantastic

Rizzle Kicks - Great fun, my 5yr old daughter loves doing "the hump hump" dance!!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not picked up too much recently as nothing has really caught my eye.

I did download Band of Skulls - baby darling dollface honey, after watching them live in Manchester, which has some good stuff on it. I also picked up the latest from the Black lips which is a bit bizarre, but good lyrically.. I downloaded the last couple of CD's from the Courteeners a few months back after watching them play at Haigh Hall. The Gig was absolutely fantastic and they are well worth watching. The CD's are decent but not great..

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
The last album I bought that I actually enjoyed was Sensory Overdrive by Michael Munroe (ex Hanoi Rocks) and that came out last year.

I haven't heard anything lately that really floats my boat apart from Balls Out by Steel Panther, and that's not exactly groundbreaking ;)

Michael Monroe didn't know he had released a new Album. Now Not Fakin It was a great album. Got the new stuff playing on YouTube now and have to say I am very impressed will deffo purchase that.Wonder how big Hanoi Rocks would have been if Razzle hadn't been killed in the road accident. Last CD I bought was Blink 182 Neighbourhoods and very good it was too but then again I am biased as I like everything they do!!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I don't buy full albums (CD's) much these days, too many tracks I don't like. Usually only buy for the one or two that I hear, so mostly buy from iTunes and just the tracks I want. Bought a few last week:

Coldplay - Charlie Brown - love this track
Coldplay - Hurts Like Heaven
Florence - Shake it out - great voice
Florence - No Light, no Light - great voice
Nina Simone - Sinnerman - 10 minute version - absolutely superb.
Stooshe - Love Me - just like this, although I didn't like any of the other tracks of theirs I heard.
Lana Del Ray - Video Games - just like it
Lana Del Ray - Born To Die - just like it
Ting Tings - Shut up and let me go - old but good

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep certainly was a tragic event and stopped Hanoi Rocks progressing I reckon, how Vince Neil from Motley Crue got away a light as he did I will never know. Motley Crue are another of my faves as well with a new album out soon so that will be on the shopping list.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
The last I bought was an EP by Rook and the Ravens, I must get out and buy Port of Morrow by The Shins, when I can tear myself away from the golf course.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
am about to buy Paul Weller's new track, heard it on the radio and before I knew who it was it really had me guessing!

actually, just played it again and its cack :(

Last edited:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
outside of the "headline" acts on the mainstage, not much worth a listen other than Billy Talent and Lamb of God.

Plenty to go around on the smaller stages. I would highly recommend: Slash and Myles Kennedy (Kennedy's vocals are incredible and his work on Slash's new album is awesome), Opeth (prog metal. Amazing - checkout the album "Blackwater Park") and Killswitch Engage (one of my favourite bands of all-time ever).

I'm really into Tesseract and Uneven Structure at the mo. KSW-E make some epic songs!