Phobias?

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Fears

Someone drinking my beer

Or you having to buy someone else one,being a Yorkshireman? :D

Spiders for me too. Anything bigger than an old 50p has to be hit with a shoe.

Flying. Well,taking off mainly. Need to sit in the bar in the departure lounge for a couple of hours to calm the nerves.

Being driven by my missus.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
snakes are fine, brother-in-law had three (two pythons and an anaconda, between 8 and 15 ft long), used to carry these into the garden draped round my shoulders.

he lived backing onto a golf course in the Forest of Dean and they liked the bunkers on a sunny day. one day he lost the anaconda

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Flying. Well,taking off mainly. Need to sit in the bar in the departure lounge for a couple of hours to calm the nerves.

Same as that. Not enough to put me off going on holiday, but I have to have a couple of pints before I get on the 'plane. Even at Gatwick Airports prices....£6.00 for a pint of Bud :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

But spiders are my phobia.
So much so that the Missus and I slept on the sofas last night because there was a massive (and I mean MASSIVE) spider in the bedroom. Frightened the bloody life out of me. That's what prompted the question this morning....
She is actually worse than me (if that is possible) and wouldn't even come into the room to see how fooking big it was. And I couldn't get a book or anything at it due to it being at a funny angle on the wall.
Why am I so scared of 'em???

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's the legs aint it? Especially when you can see individual hairs on the ****.

I say i usually smack the ones i find with with a shoe,that's a lie. I never get close enough. Normally get the hoover with all the pipes attached & suck it up.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am not afraid of flying, it is the whole uncivilness of it. You feel like you are being herded. As a result, I only fly after 6 pts of stella. After that, I don't care. At all. And it fends off the bugs that everyone else is sending through the aircon.

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I wait til after the announcement about dimming the cabin lights during dawn and dusk being normal, then nonchalantly say to the person next to me about this being so your eyes are adjusted to the light if you need to exit the cabin quickly. It's amazing how white people's knuckles can go in such a short space of time.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hate anything flapping around my head. Faced my fear the other month when the cat brought a live bat into the bedroom and let it go. Was tempted to lock myself in another room and play ozzy osbourne CDs to freighten it off but eventually plucked up the courage to herd of out the window

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wait til after the announcement about dimming the cabin lights during dawn and dusk being normal, then nonchalantly say to the person next to me about this being so your eyes are adjusted to the light if you need to exit the cabin quickly. It's amazing how white people's knuckles can go in such a short space of time.

That IS why they do it!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hate anything flapping around my head. Faced my fear the other month when the cat brought a live bat into the bedroom and let it go. Was tempted to lock myself in another room and play ozzy osbourne CDs to freighten it off but eventually plucked up the courage to herd of out the window

I'd forgotten that one - used to hate the budgie being out of its cage. Don't like moths either, which is odd as bees and wasps don't really bother me, despite being stung at least once every summer as a kid.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's the legs aint it? Especially when you can see individual hairs on the ****.

I say i usually smack the ones i find with with a shoe,that's a lie. I never get close enough. Normally get the hoover with all the pipes attached & suck it up.

I think it's the eyes, have you ever looked closely at a spiders face?

ah no, you won't have done :p

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haha spiders , lovely little critters , had one scurry across the floor last night. Huge great thing the size of a coaster , its legs really tickled when i picked it up to put it outside :D

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm sat here shaking.

I'm such a bad flier that as I was in the West Midlands airport on 13 September 2001 with my wife of five days I completely broke down when the flight was announced and couldn't get on.

Had flown before but not since. My fear is no longer flying, it is sitting next to one of you lot on a plane if I ever manage to get on one again!!