Phobias?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The dreaded shot that squirts off the hosel of the club into the thick stuff (whose name I shan't mention for fear of being booted off this forum less than 24 hours after registering!!).

:cool:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Heights, I get vertigo standing on a chair.

Spiders? Maybe. Not keen on them, but not necessarily a phobia.

Rice pudding. Scary stuff.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
15 handicappers, who have tanned fore arms, 3 year old Dryjoys, carry their bag, play titleist blades and Pro V1s and carry a 1 iron that has a worn out sweet spot. ;)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
heights (but it's more an age thing, never used to bother me)

rats

(most/many phobias are induced by parents, this is one. my parents weren't scared of them but my elder brother was bitten when in his pram before I was born. we always had cats to keep them down (lived next to a wood and my nan had kept chickens in the barn). I think it came from that.
I didn't pass it on, though when my kids wanted them I did say I'd use them as targets.)

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Spiders - cant stand the likkle feckers, make my skin crawl.

Oh, and that mate of mine who plays off 27, but never anywhere near that unless he's playing me for money . :mad:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Why do so many hate spiders?

Also, is it only big ones, or do little ones count too? If so, how big is scary?

A mate of mine had a red legged tarantula which he brought into the office. It was about 6" across. Out of 40 blokes, and one girl in the office, the only one to pick it up was the girl. Ugly looking thing. And the spider.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
heights (but it's more an age thing, never used to bother me)

rats

heights...hmm...me too, not good when climbing up on the start of a roller coaster.

rats...wild rats, not for me. Domesticated pet rats... We have 3 :) - they're nice critters.

spiders OK (any size) snakes.... :eek: :eek: not good!

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dont have any I think, maybe a bit of age related vertigo, but having said that I wouldnt kiss a snake, or put my head in a crocodiles mouth, or use a filthy toilet(unless really desperate) and excess hair on women is a bit off putting but not a phobia.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Definitely spiders - work of the Devil.
Heights but not when I'm climbing. Used to work in a large warehouse and regulary scaled the 5 metre racking to get something from the top shelf as I was too impatient to wait for the forktruck. No problems there but put me on a ladder and as soon as my feet get above normal head height I'm a mess.

THJahar

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a weird one....
White clothes.
I can't wear white clothes and anyone else wearing predominately white makes me nervous.
Hence fear of doctors/dentists (Luckily most of those professions have switched away from the white clothes in the last 15 years)
I was operated on a lot as a kid where as a baby I had to have a huge plaster cast on my leg for over a year, and in them days it was super rigid plaster cast and they had to cut it of with an electric saw, and it was terrifying for a baby. I would burst out into hysterics in my pram if anyone came near me wearing white.