PGA @ Wentworth 2014

jonny1409

Club Champion
Visit site
Hello,

I'm looking to organise a trip down there for next year's tournament, and am just about to look into accomodation, travel, tickets etc.

We're coming down from Newcastle so it's likely train to Kings Cross, then across to Surrey.
I was wondering if any of had any advice or recommendations before I start? Especially when it comes to accomodation.

Thanks in advance.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been the last 3 years and I'm also from the north east.

We stop in the Premier inn on Bath road right near Heathrow airport.
It's one of the flagship hotels so it has everything, large bar area that's open till 1am with a huge projector for football etc, good food and a amazing all you can eat breakfast for about £7.

It's about a 20min drive from Wentworth also.

We paid around £100 for a twin room for 2 nights.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Look at Travel lodges in Bracknell. 15 minutes by train to Virginia Water and you can walk or get shuttle buses from there. Are you going to hire a car? If so plenty of courses locally. Downshire is a good pay and play in Bracknell. My club is just down the road and others well worth a visit include Camberley Heath

jonny1409

Club Champion
Visit site
Wildrover - It does seem that the normal accommodation is a bit pricey, but I think you're right with the advice of looking at Premier Inn / Travelodge etc. Thanks.

Bozza - That Premier Inn sounds ideal for what we want so I'll definitely look into that.

Homer - No we'll not be hiring a car unfortunately, and we'll likely not get a game at all which is a shame as there seems to be a lot of nice courses down that neck of the woods.
Maybe a playing trip will need to be sorted in the future.

Thanks for all of your advice.