PGA Championship at Wentworth

Astraeus

Head Pro
Visit site
Evening folks.

I have booked a couple of days off to head to Wentworth next month with my partner. We are going to head down on the Thursday but probably only book the Friday at the tournament. It will be our first event and, as such, I have a few questions which I'd be grateful if you dab hands could answer:-

1. What time should I aim to arrive at the club relative to the first tee-time;
2. As a BMW owner I see that there is on-site parking, a BMW owner's pavilion and also a reserved space in the sky box on the 14th. Do I need to head up early to 'reserve' the space on the 14th or will it be assigned to me;
3. Does the aforementioned BMW privilege give one or two seats in the sky box and entry for one or two to the pavilion;
4. Is the trick to pick a spot and watch the players 'play through' (or maybe two/three spots during the day) or, with smaller crowds, follow some groups through?

Many thanks.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Lots of questions, I'll do my best to answer :)

1) Play will go on ALL day on the first 2 days so it's entirely up to you how long you want to stay there.
2) Parking in the owners area is on a first come, first served basis but there is enough space for all BMW drivers, I've never had a problem getting in.
3) Make sure you have your car key on you, this is all you need to show to get into the BMW hospitality areas (tented village and 14th green) and it covers everyone in your group. Once you are in there you get free tea/coffee/water but everything else you have to pay for. There are also posh toilets in the owners area in the tented village. The little stand behind the 14th green is open to the public, it's not just for BMW owners.
4) We tend to pick a group to follow for a few holes then find a good spot and watch the rest of the field go through. The stands at 14 and 18 are good spots, plenty of seating available on FCFS basis.

I'd recommend you take a rucksack with food/drink, additional clothing dependant on weather forecast, binoculars are handy too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Astraeus

Head Pro
Visit site
Lots of questions, I'll do my best to answer :)

1) Play will go on ALL day on the first 2 days so it's entirely up to you how long you want to stay there.
2) Parking in the owners area is on a first come, first served basis but there is enough space for all BMW drivers, I've never had a problem getting in.
3) Make sure you have your car key on you, this is all you need to show to get into the BMW hospitality areas (tented village and 14th green) and it covers everyone in your group. Once you are in there you get free tea/coffee/water but everything else you have to pay for. There are also posh toilets in the owners area in the tented village. The little stand behind the 14th green is open to the public, it's not just for BMW owners.
4) We tend to pick a group to follow for a few holes then find a good spot and watch the rest of the field go through. The stands at 14 and 18 are good spots, plenty of seating available on FCFS basis.

I'd recommend you take a rucksack with food/drink, additional clothing dependant on weather forecast, binoculars are handy too.

Thank you, a brilliantly helpful post.

So, despite the FAQs indicating some sort of preference for the 14th sky box, it is just a free-for-all? Interesting.

Fingers crossed for a fine day. :)