Peter_Drake_teacher 'It's all about the balance...'

Peter_Drake_teacher

Visit site
I would love to share with you a wonderful tip given to me by a much better player than me! It has worked wonders with my game (knocked almost ten shots of a round).
According to this chap I met at our club recently, the game is all about the balance brought to bear when making a swing. He says that most high handicappers like me do occasionally keep well balanced during a shot and hence hit a good shot, but mostly do not, and so spray the ball all over the place. This is his tip...
Place the feet close together. Practice your swing at a pace that does not make you fall over. This is actually quite tricky by it pays to persevere. Now attempt a hit with the feet still close together. Once you can consistently hit a mid iron a decent distance with feet together, go back to the more conventional approach with feet apart. All of a sudden the game seems much easier!
Please let me know what you think...
Peter_Drake_teacher

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
10 shots off a round?
Well most of us have done that just by going to sleep and playing the following day.
10 shots off your handicap and I would say that’s great.
A high handicapper will usually be very inconsistent on all aspects of his game,work on them all and he could improve 10 shots.
That tip whilst being a good one about balance,has that tip actually knocked 10 shots off your round consistently.

Peter_Drake_teacher

Visit site
10 shots off a round?
Well most of us have done that just by going to sleep and playing the following day.
10 shots off your handicap and I would say that’s great.
A high handicapper will usually be very inconsistent on all aspects of his game,work on them all and he could improve 10 shots.
That tip whilst being a good one about balance,has that tip actually knocked 10 shots off your round consistently.
It is possible that I have not explained this well at all. What I mean is over six months of doing this exercise I have come down from a VERY large number of shots to consistently about 20 over par for a round so I am please with that
Peter Drake

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
That's a drill that I was shown in one of my first lessons, not to specifically correct a problem (as a field hockey player, my dynamic balance was pretty good) but as a 'reminder' of the importance of maintaining stability throughout the swing.