Personal Launch Monitor Opinions, Garmin R1, Rapsodo MLM2 Pro, Mevo +

i*windows

Visit site
is anyone using one of these devices at the range to get some idea about carry distances? how do you like them, are the accurate, easy to setup etc?

Albo

Visit site
Had an original Mevo (not the +) and have currently an R10.
Both have their + and -.
R10 has ball left and right movement where the Mevo didn’t. Both accurate enough distance wise from what I can tell, but it’s not easy at the range as range balls often don’t represent what we use on the course.
I’d say both of those products are more toys rather than serious bits of kit, when you move into the Mevo+ Skytrack+ then it becomes more serious.
From a personal perspective, my issue when I have one of these LM’s is I’m gaming myself to try and smash the ball all the time and don’t benefit from just looking at the numbers, that’s a me problem though not a LM problem.
Lastly it’s a pain in the painful bits to take it to the range and set it up (not that it takes long but you have to get the set up prefect to get any use out of the numbers and I feel self conscious at times with an iPad and LM at the range

Springveldt

Visit site
I have an original Rapsodo but to be honest I very rarely use it. The times I have used it, it's pretty accurate, gives me the same ball speed, swing speed and close enough carry to Trackman.

If using at the range it would need to be with proper balls though, not flight limited range balls as it doesn't have a normalise function so the numbers are useless with them. I think most driving ranges in my area use distance limited balls so I've never taken it there, I've just used it into a net in the back garden and at the practice range at my course which you can only hit a 7 iron unless you are just hitting balls away into the bushes.