Pearl/grade A balls

Jdb2005

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Anyone ever buy any of eBay or the likes? I just bought 20 pro v 2012 for £22 in near new condition

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have and had mixed results, when a description is subjective to be expected but generally if you find a good seller/company stick with them.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Anyone ever buy any of eBay or the likes? I just bought 20 pro v 2012 for £22 in near new condition

Yep.

I brought 4 dozen pearl/1 hitter from eBay at the start of last season.

I still have 28 left on top of the 6 dozen new in box ones I have kicking about the house.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep.

I brought 4 dozen pearl/1 hitter from eBay at the start of last season.

I still have 28 left on top of the 6 dozen new in box ones I have kicking about the house.

And i bet you entered the Mizzy ball testing too!! you are a ball hoarder!! ;)

I bought some grade A Penta's once.. wasnt impressed to be honest, but i think like pbrown said, if you find a good seller stick to them!!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep, I'd rather play the same ball all the time so rarely buy new (only for a big comp), rest of the time its Pearl/Mint from trusted sellers, great value

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
And i bet you entered the Mizzy ball testing too!! you are a ball hoarder!! ;)

Actually I did.

I went through a process of process of trying all premium balls over a couple of months and settled on the Pro V1 as it was, I felt, best all round.

However, the Mizuno balls hadn't (Aren't) released here yet. If the perform better than the Pro V1, I would have no issue selling off my boxed Pro V1's and repaceing them with Mizunos' offering.

I'm genuinely interested in how they perform againt my current ball.

Callum

Club Champion
Visit site
I have bought some very good pearl/grade A balls and normally been impressed.

I also bought 100 practice grade balls for £15 and they were actually not that bad and were great to practice chipping in the garden etc...

Read the reviews and then make a decision based on that.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
LOL you don't have to justify it to me Gareth!!! ;) i wouldn't mind a hit of one, but if my name came out of the hat i would insist it was re-drawn and let someone else have some goodies! (it probably would be anyway!)

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
I tend to buy 50 or so as & when I need them mainly for playing when it's not a competition & I find them to be very good quality, definitely worth the saving over a brand new box anyway.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I purchased a load of soft feels from a recommended seller, half were good (coloured ones for short game area) the white ones however looked to be refinished as the writing would start to wear mid round. From here on I’ve never purchased lake balls.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Don't use pearl grade A or lake balls as I've had bad experiences with both over the years. Enough cheap unused balls on the market now if cost is an issue and some of the newer balls coming out at the lower end of the market are actually quite good, especially for a winter ball

Boomy

Visit site
I’ve bought from eBay, premier lake balls and MailOrderGolf and had no problems thus far. Look at feedback and shop around for price would be my advice. I prefer to play the same ball (any other types I find go in the practice bag or given to PP’s) so I generally buy used Chromesoft/Truvis for practice and crack open new ones for competitions.