Peak performance, what works for you?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah very interesting stuff. From this I’m thinking I should just pick a routine, say, range Tuesday/practice 9 Thursday, and regardless of the Comp just stick to that. Work in some awkward short game stuff and score a putt routine (my weak area). But then just go through the motions and not overthink it, every comp would be the same. Food for thought thanks to all who contributed (y)(y)

19th hole

Medal Winner
Visit site
Quite a few of the posts on this subject link in well to the thread that I started a few days ago about Mindset - it's amazing really that, as keen golfers, we don't do more to address this area of our game.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I always record my putting stats from 2-7 feet when I practice. I am working on some more pressure drills for chipping rather than block practice focused on technique. Par 18 (trying to get up and down over 9 holes is a good one) and I'm working on scrambling from good, moderate and bad lies and recording the numbers. Early days on that. I've also been collating stats on my pitching from 20-50 yards and usually try and set up a 12 x 12 square and record how many I get in out of 20 balls and how many are in the "bullseye" and so three foot or closer to the middle. I record whether I miss left/right and short/long and also whether I fat/thin any. Easy to do on the practice ground but not so on the range so I tend to use that for my block work on technique. Some interesting trends emerging
Hence I said for most....