PCC adjustment

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played at Murcar Friday in a bounce game ( 2 of us) but noticed at least 12 Americans playing the same day.
3 club wind at times - no PCC adjustment

Played Edzell Saturday - same wind (remnants of Tropical storm Alex) - in a Mens Open. PCC adjustment 3 (THREE).

As I understand US players are required to enter all scores I would have expected a PCC adjustment of at least 1 if not 2 on Friday.

I strongly suspect that only Scottish players rounds are included in the PCC calculation for Scottish courses - and that less than 8 of those Scottish players playing Friday put GP scores in!

Were the Americans submitting a score for hcp?
Doubt they would be included in Scottish Golf's calculations.

RRidges

Visit site
Played at Murcar Friday in a bounce game ( 2 of us) but noticed at least 12 Americans playing the same day.

Played Edzell Saturday - same wind (remnants of Tropical storm Alex) - in a Mens Open. PCC adjustment 3 (THREE).

As I understand US players are required to enter all scores I would have expected a PCC adjustment of at least 1 if not 2 on Friday.

I strongly suspect that only Scottish players rounds are included in the PCC calculation for Scottish courses - and that less than 8 of those Scottish players playing Friday put GP scores in!
US players are encouraged to return every score where possible. But there are many ways to bypass this - gimmees being the one the guys I play with generally use. So I wouldn't assume US visitors are returning scores - in fact it's probably very unlikely that they will be! And I doubt whether player info would be available in any case.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
Does the time difference between USA and UK make a difference? To impact PCC, scores would need to be posted before midnight, but midnight in which time zone?
And again, imo, PCC is has a nearly insignificant impact on handicap index. No need to worry about it being there or not being there.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does the time difference between USA and UK make a difference? To impact PCC, scores would need to be posted before midnight, but midnight in which time zone?
And again, imo, PCC is has a nearly insignificant impact on handicap index. No need to worry about it being there or not being there.

very doubtful.

also, if the databases aren’t fully linked, an Americans score may well not feature in calculations for PCC whilst in the UK.

English golfers, for instance, don’t see any PCC or benefit from any calculation when entering scores in Scotland.

DickInShorts

Visit site
Interesting, can you post the name of one of the courses so I can have a look please.
Thanks
Just had a quick look for a course I’m due to play later this month.
Went in as if doing General Play round for Bracken Ghyll GC (Yorkshire)

A bit of set up needed - tee - pars and SI to be checked and amended if necessary .

Seems like it is possible to use the SG App in England!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

A bit of set up needed - tee - pars and SI to be checked and amended if necessary .

Thanks for that. I thought it wasn't possible as it won't find clubs in the "course lookup".

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site

Nice course. Are you playing in the Open 27 June? Can be a bit windy up on the hills.

But why did you need to amend anything?

D-S

Visit site
If a score is entered on EG WHS portal as an away score from Scotland should it take into account the PCC? We have a score entered and apparently the PCC was 3 but the PCC in the record just shows as two dashes not 0.

Also in future should this now be an automated system in competition i.e. the score will automatically update on EG from a Scottish competition as it does from a Welsh one?

Banchory Buddha

Visit site

They won't be posting scores to the SG database though Dick which would be needed to affect the PCC, and highly unlikely the US system has Scottish courses listed, so they'd have to submit manually if they were going to have their scorees recorded.

When is a "World" system not a world system, when it's WHS

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They won't be posting scores to the SG database though Dick which would be needed to affect the PCC, and highly unlikely the US system has Scottish courses listed, so they'd have to submit manually if they were going to have their scorees recorded.

When is a "World" system not a world system, when it's WHS

If the players are using the GHIN app, then all courses worldwide are listed. They just enter their front 9 score, and back 9 score and it calculates. Not sure how any adjusted scores get noted...maybe it's the players responsibility to do it.

I assume GHIN will talk to a database somewhere, but I would agree, chances are is it is not affecting PCC.

On the other hand, a friend played an open yesterday, and had a PCC of 2. Scores didn't look terrible really, so maybe there will be a little more adjustment with the new system

wjemather

Visit site
If a score is entered on EG WHS portal as an away score from Scotland should it take into account the PCC? We have a score entered and apparently the PCC was 3 but the PCC in the record just shows as two dashes not 0.

Also in future should this now be an automated system in competition i.e. the score will automatically update on EG from a Scottish competition as it does from a Welsh one?
Sure I've seen it somewhere in the docs issued by EG, but can't locate it immediately (I'll look again later), that where known the PCC should be accounted for by adjusting the hole scores (or adjusted gross) accordingly - the actual PCC cannot be entered. Given the minimal impact of PCC on HIs, it isn't really a concern if it gets missed.

Systems integration takes time, and I'm sure PCC is one of the things being looked at in this regard.

D-S

Visit site
Sure I've seen it somewhere in the docs issued by EG, but can't locate it immediately (I'll look again later), that where known the PCC should be accounted for by adjusting the hole scores (or adjusted gross) accordingly - the actual PCC cannot be entered. Given the minimal impact of PCC on HIs, it isn't really a concern if it gets missed.

Systems integration takes time, and I'm sure PCC is one of the things being looked at in this regard.
Thank you.
In the future will the scores be transferred automatically? I thought I had read that all the Home countries systems now will communicate but can’t find the reference now.

wjemather

Visit site
Thank you.
In the future will the scores be transferred automatically? I thought I had read that all the Home countries systems now will communicate but can’t find the reference now.
Details are sketchy. As far as I know, the only integration so far is for score entry and I don't know the extent of that functionality.

Reactions: D-S

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
If the players are using the GHIN app, then all courses worldwide are listed. They just enter their front 9 score, and back 9 score and it calculates. Not sure how any adjusted scores get noted...maybe it's the players responsibility to do it.

I assume GHIN will talk to a database somewhere, but I would agree, chances are is it is not affecting PCC.
Ah fair enough, However that won't feed into the Scottish database where the PCC will be calculated