Another WHS query - PCC

FourPutt

Head Pro
Visit site
Good morning all,

I have been back playing for about 10 weeks now and have got a number of rounds submitted (somewhere in the 20s) played on 2 different courses in different weather conditions such as wind, rain, sunshine etc. A handful are in comps bit the majority are General Play. I was just looking through a number of them and I noticed that the PCC has never deviated from 0.

Under the old system, the CSS would deviate relatively regularly based on the performance of the field. I had though that PCC was essentially the same thing but applied to all submitted rounds, not just competitions. What‘s the craic?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There needs to be a minimum of 8 cards submitted on the day for a PCC calculation to take place.

if these are competition rounds you have played all the time, then the field didn’t play enough bad golf for a PCC adjustment to be made ?

FourPutt

Head Pro
Visit site
I thought that was how it worked, just seemed strange that there hadn’t been any adjustments made. Probably about 5 of the rounds were comps. Maybe it’s a little less “volatile” than the old CSS system?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought that was how it worked, just seemed strange that there hadn’t been any adjustments made. Probably about 5 of the rounds were comps. Maybe it’s a little less “volatile” than the old CSS system?
It has a completely different method of calculation.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having played in 20 comps since the introduction of the WHS there has been a PCC course rating only twice.

There are quite a few pre November 2020 ones.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm coming to the same conclusion that PCC is a lot more conservative. In 13 rounds I've played since the WHS launched (9 comps 4 general) there has not been any adjustment to PCC. Yet in the previous 12 rounds SSS changed 6 times.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Friend of mine had a handicap index of 12.8 and course handicap of 13 and he stayed at 13 when results came in, why didn’t the 95% come in and put him on a course handicap of 12? and subsequently increase his score by one.

wjemather

Visit site
Friend of mine had a handicap index of 12.8 and course handicap of 13 and he stayed at 13 when results came in, why didn’t the 95% come in and put him on a course handicap of 12? and subsequently increase his score by one.
That would be a question for the relevant competition committee.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm coming to the same conclusion that PCC is a lot more conservative. In 13 rounds I've played since the WHS launched (9 comps 4 general) there has not been any adjustment to PCC. Yet in the previous 12 rounds SSS changed 6 times.
Like most people we have very few PCC adjustments. One that did stick out (2 shots) was on a non competition day so I had a look to see what caused it. There were a few GP rounds from members but not enough to trigger such a move. However, when I looked at the total scores for the day on the EG Platform there were a load from a visiting society who entered scores via MyEnglandGolf and obviously struggled, hence the bump.