Paying traders cash is morally wrong

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
That is what a Treasury spokesman is saying.

Do you agree?

If you pay cash can you be sure that he won't declare it in his tax submissions?

Is it your problem if he doesn't declare it, morally or otherwise?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have no issue with paying traders cash in hand.

Those that do have a problem........ Pay by cheque.

Another example of the government telling you how you should feel!

Andy808

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is nothing morally wrong with paying in cash it is then up to the trader to decide if he is going to pocket the cash or put it through his books. It's not my problem then so tough on the treasury.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's not morally wrong to pay in cash.

It IS morally wrong to refuse to give the tradesman the work unless he quotes a cheap cash price. i.e. forcing him to not declare the tax.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Never heard so much rubbish in all my life.
I get paid in cash for my lessons therefor I must be on the fiddle?
Farmers markets?
Corner shop?
Ice cream vans/chip vans/ window cleaners?

Politicians telling us WE are on the fiddle thats ******** rich coming from that lot of cheating coniving expense claiming robbing bar stewards.
HOW DARE THEY TALK ABOUT MORALS

:sbox:

alnecosse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That is what a Treasury spokesman is saying.

Do you agree?

If you pay cash can you be sure that he won't declare it in his tax submissions?

Is it your problem if he doesn't declare it, morally or otherwise?
I hope they name and shame them then i will know who to go for to get the cheapest deals cant believe they have the brass neck to describe this as morally wrong if i want to pay in cash that's up to me how the trader pays his tax has no bearing on me morally, it defies belief with the amount of tax we pay ie VAT insurance tax petrol savings the list is endless. some moronic MP with all there perks tax dodges expense fiddling etc etc would make a statement like this RANT over.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
These Tories have a brass neck on them declaring things immoral while their biggest donors are non-doms for the purpose of tax avoidance, and they are giving sweetheart tax deals to the biggest companies. What a bunch of hypocrites!

The economy isn't in the pan because a few plumbers got paid for a few small jobs in cash.

If the Govt thinks the current tax rules are not well enough sync'd with what is moral, they should change the law. Otherwise they should shut up.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Farmers markets?
Corner shop?

Politicians telling us WE are on the fiddle thats ******** rich coming from that lot of cheating coniving expense claiming robbing bar stewards.

What is really galling is that I am now a person of no morals if I pay cash as I'm encouraging you to fiddle your tax!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Right, from now on, if anyone wants a V-Easy I want the money in cash. Lovely crisp £5 notes please that I can stick under the bed.

Just kidding, paypal will be fine. I'll just pay it into a Swiss bank account. :angry:

alnecosse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Right, from now on, if anyone wants a V-Easy I want the money in cash. Lovely crisp £5 notes please that I can stick under the bed.

Just kidding, paypal will be fine. I'll just pay it into a Swiss bank account. :angry:

Is the swiss bank account in the dogs name

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is nothing morally wrong with paying a tradesman with cash, how he puts it through his/her books is up to them.

:sbox:What is morally wrong is sucessive governments paying out billions to the spongers and imigrants who pay nothing back into the system.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I just paid an Ebay trader £2.50 Buy it now price for a childs cycle seat, new but shop soiled.
Postage was free, Dame Doon estimated postage at £3.

Do you think I should have paid cash?

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Heard that this morning, what a load of cobblers. If I want to pay someone cash that's my right, if they don't declare it that's up to them. Not my problem

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is nothing morally wrong with paying in cash it is then up to the trader to decide if he is going to pocket the cash or put it through his books. It's not my problem then so tough on the treasury.

Heard that this morning, what a load of cobblers. If I want to pay someone cash that's my right, if they don't declare it that's up to them. Not my problem

Until taxes go up again because there is a shortfall.........or at least a good excuse to put them up :whistle:.

Slime.

P.S. I usually pay cash...........it's just sooooooo much easier.

munro007

Tour Rookie
www.craigmillarpark.co.uk
Farmers markets?
Corner shop?

Don't you get a tax break on lessons :rolleyes:

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
my friend used to own a few chip shops and had the latest computerised tills that gave the readings at the end of the night and a print out,unless it was on saturday nights when they used the old fashioned cash till,it was as he said "vegas night" for years the tax man must have thought they never opened on a saturday.