Paying competition from members card

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
Hi, we are trying to encourage our club to have comp fees payable from our club card. They have said it would cost approx £1000 to update software for IG. All thoughts welcome

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We've been using the facility in V1 since the beginning of the year and it's liked by everyone (including my wife).

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Can only ay it works really well. Comes off straight away. The only problem is people haven't had sufficient credit on their card so not been entered into the comp but how hard is it really to ensure you have more than £5 on a card and to top it up if you aren't sure

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Similar to Traminator in that I can't help technically but we pay ours from our club card and it works very smoothly. We no longer need to hand over any cash at all, we can be completely cashless if we want. I am. I can load my card from the Club V1 app, pay for comps on the day using my card, winnings go back on it, pay for all drinks with my card. So much easier for everyone involved I would say. No faffing about with notes, coins, change etc.

I can't see a negative side other than initial set up costs.

YandaB

Visit site
Our card is restricted to just the bar and needs topping up at the start of each season. Winnings are normally in the shape of a "Cheque" that can be added to the bar card or spent in the pro shop. Entry is now via a special Paypal account (for which paypal charge a small commission). I would much rather have them all on the IG card as separate "purses" which the software indicates that it can do. The reasoning given so far is that this is to separate the members funds away from the Company (who own and run the course) funds.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We only recently ot IG and comps are paid for through that (or at the proshop), but no way to remote top up the card yet sadly so forever going into owning money on the card.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We use IG with all the options and have done ever since we switched to IG.

Far less hassle as we book 8 days in advance at 8pm onwards.

Comp winnings though go on to the proshop account which is not linked to IG.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi, we are trying to encourage our club to have comp fees payable from our club card. They have said it would cost approx £1000 to update software for IG. All thoughts welcome
Annually or as one off cost?

We have had it in place since we went with IG along with with comp booking and online top up.

I can’t imagine that a one off cost wouldn’t be recouped in time saved within a year. We only have a single balance initially we started with a bar and competition balance which never made sense.

D

Deleted member 15344

We switched over to it at the beginning of the year and it didn’t cost anywhere near that level at all - it’s part of the basic IG competition implementation. Unless you don’t use IG for your tills

It’s simple to implement including any 2’s

The only pain is it doesn’t auto refund when you drop out of the competition

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only pain is it doesn’t auto refund when you drop out of the competition

That is a good point for us, a we time limit when a player may withdraw from a comp and they always have to contact the office to do so , who will make the refund if within the time limit.

Springveldt

Visit site
We’ve been paying from our card from last year and like others have said it’s convenient. All winnings are paid onto the card as well and you can use it in the shop or in the bar.

We can’t top up online which is a pain in the arse, have to top up at the bar or in the shop.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Presumably the number of players entering comps over the course of the year would make it a minimal extra fee to recoup the £1k, and that’s on the assumption it’s a yearly fee when it actually sounds much cheaper or at least a one off.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ll join the folks and say ours are now done via our member cards and it is much easier.

as someone else pointed out, the ability to remote top up isn’t there yet...am hoping it comes soon!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can’t remember the last time I had to actually hand over money to enter a comp. we have used our club card account for years now, with winnings put in the card automatically.