PaulDJ - don't play him for money!

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I went down to Paul's home club, Seaham, today to have a round with him & see their superb new golf studio. He told me he's got his handicap down from 15 to 10 this season & has been playing well. We had a friendly match, nothing at stake & I played reasonably well, bar a couple of 3 putts & a handful of missed greens. On the instructions of my teaching pro I was keeping a record of how I played each hole, although I wasn't conscious of my score. When I totted it all up at home I found I'd played to within 1 shot of my handicap. I lost 6 & 4!

Well played, Paul, & thanks for a very pleasant game on a lovely day. Single figures is definitely within your grasp, just keep on doing what you're doing.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The slopes and pace of those greens at Seaham are tricky blighters. You definitely need to know which side of the hole to be on.

What did you think of the simulator?

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
The slopes and pace of those greens at Seaham are tricky blighters. You definitely need to know which side of the hole to be on.

What did you think of the simulator?
The studio & simulator are brilliant. They've already attracted revenue from two local councils & England Golf & expect it to have paid for itself in 5 years. I want one at my club.

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
The studio & simulator are brilliant. They've already attracted revenue from two local councils & England Golf & expect it to have paid for itself in 5 years. I want one at my club.

It will never happen, there isn’t even a decent practice area. So far behind the times, unlike other places that improve their practice facilities.

D

Deleted member 16999

I went down to Paul's home club, Seaham, today to have a round with him & see their superb new golf studio. He told me he's got his handicap down from 15 to 10 this season & has been playing well. We had a friendly match, nothing at stake & I played reasonably well, bar a couple of 3 putts & a handful of missed greens. On the instructions of my teaching pro I was keeping a record of how I played each hole, although I wasn't conscious of my score. When I totted it all up at home I found I'd played to within 1 shot of my handicap. I lost 6 & 4!

Well played, Paul, & thanks for a very pleasant game on a lovely day. Single figures is definitely within your grasp, just keep on doing what you're doing.
Cheers Bill, I worked out I played to 3 over, probably my best round to date.
Must of been the company;)

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
It will never happen, there isn’t even a decent practice area. So far behind the times, unlike other places that improve their practice facilities.
This post has no relevance to the subject but a minority of our members never miss an opportunity to complain. For the record, after years of committee dithering we have, over the last few years, seen the clubhouse virtually completely rebuilt, the interior refurbished & the locker rooms, ladies & gents, refurbished to an extremely high standard. The toilets & showers were completely refurbished, mostly by members of the committee at no cost to the club, & a new trolley store built, virtually single handed by a former captain. The practice ground is tiny, there is no more land to devote to it. There are plans to improve it, as Mr. Trapdraw would know if he read the minutes. But you can't please all of the people all of the time. We're not the only club in the area, Mr. T. If you don't like it go & join one of the others.

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
This post has no relevance to the subject but a minority of our members never miss an opportunity to complain. For the record, after years of committee dithering we have, over the last few years, seen the clubhouse virtually completely rebuilt, the interior refurbished & the locker rooms, ladies & gents, refurbished to an extremely high standard. The toilets & showers were completely refurbished, mostly by members of the committee at no cost to the club, & a new trolley store built, virtually single handed by a former captain. The practice ground is tiny, there is no more land to devote to it. There are plans to improve it, as Mr. Trapdraw would know if he read the minutes. But you can't please all of the people all of the time. We're not the only club in the area, Mr. T. If you don't like it go & join one of the others.

The club has dithered for years on various issues, the practice ground is poor but they did/do own more land which could have been used. I doubt the club could afford a trackman plus a swing room. I have no issue with the course or the clubhouse at all, I’m just stating fact about the practice facilities !

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

Put your claws away.

I'm sure if he wanted to move on he would. Freedom of speech and all that.

GF23

Visit site
Well said Bill