Parkland courses in England

Status
Not open for further replies.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Not disputing That, and fwiw, I've never thought Lansdowne was that great in the manner in which people rave about, again though, I refer you to the Inch,

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Many have tree lined fairways as that's what the country side is like in the south east. Some are hilly some aren't. Where i live the land is chalky and drains well . While around some other parts it's heavy clay and as boggy as hell.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can talk to the layouts near me. Dunham Forest and Mere are really nice parkland courses and are no means flat and they don't go 'up and down', however, they would be double the fees of the Chorlton Cum Hardy (on Liam Harrisons channel). As with everything, you get what you pay for. Chorlton is a decent track though and has some really nice holes.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Your original question was if most English parkland courses were flat forward to back courses. I was simply trying to point out that some of the best all over the UK are similar in layout.
As for The Inch, it is one of the oldest courses in the UK so can hardly be compared with one that is only 40 years old.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Your original question was if most English parkland courses were flat forward to back courses. I was simply trying to point out that some of the best all over the UK are similar in layout.
As for The Inch, it is one of the oldest courses in the UK so can hardly be compared with one that is only 40 years old.

I wasnt comparing both of them, my reference to the Inch was that's how these courses on yt look, very much back and forward with a thin line of trees between, i dont think many can say Lansdowne has a this line of trees between them.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Oor Course is not up and down as on the 17th you have to hit over a limestone ridge and it has great views including Blackpool Tower and Coniston Old Man.

This is part of the blurb:

A charming parkland course in Cumbria’s Lake District. Originally designed by Open champion Alex Herd, the course was remodelled by renowned golf course architect H S Colt in the 1920’s. The challenging par 71 layout provides spectacular views over Morecambe Bay and the Lake District fells.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
It's amazing that RandG gets accused regularly of trolling, yet the same sad individuals can't help themselves and take a massive bite out of the offered bait.:rolleyes:
Just ignore his posts, simple.(y)

You've forgot the one that does ignore my posts yet likes every single post that's in direct opposition to my post :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 15344

None of those four I mentioned, are just up and down, they are proper layouts. Some better than others out of those four tbh.

As with some links and parkland, some are not great layouts and some are great and go off in all directions.

Overall there is prob better layouts on a Links or Heathland Courses but there are some Parkland courses that do have some cracking layout

England has more Parkland courses because of the available land - there is a lot of inland available for courses - how they drain will be dependant on the ground built on and how much they spend on drainage - Parklands do get lovely lush soft fairways so most of the time you don’t get the long run and they play their length most of the time

But as with links and Heathland they all have their strong points and weak points and it will always be down to personal opinion what people like

As for “up and down” - wonder if more links courses are “up and down” than Parkland

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
TBH, all the parkland courses around here are the same. two of those are newish courses, so i suppose that would be a factor for newer layouts less room.

Status
Not open for further replies.