Parkland courses in England

Status
Not open for further replies.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Are most parkland courses in England of a similar nature ?
It seems any yt vid I watch they all seem flat, forward and back mud baths.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I think a lot of courses will fall under that category if you are comparing them to your home course

Possibly but for example, the one Liam Harrison plays on his golf blogs channel, the guy on here who recently posted a link and the one Crossfields mate Dan is a pro at, all look exactly the same, I'm wondering if they are all like that.

D

Deleted member 21258

Really depends on the place the golf course has been built, if the land is flat or not.:ROFLMAO:

If you play a course like Kendal, then not flat at all. If you play grange over sands, flat as a pancake. Both in Cumbria and not that far apart.

In Essex, I can think of Chelmsford is quite hilly(across a valley) but somewhere like Essex Country club is almost flat. Again fairly close together

Bit like link courses, some are flat and some are not.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Really depends on the place the golf course has been built, if the land is flat or not.:ROFLMAO:

If you play a course like Kendal, then not flat at all. If you play grange over sands, flat as a pancake. Both in Cumbria and not that far apart.

In Essex, I can think of Chelmsford is quite hilly(across a valley) but somewhere like Essex Country club is almost flat. Again fairly close together

Bit like link courses, some are flat and some are not.

Are those mentioned up and back with just a line of trees separating them ?

I appreciate the time of year it is but two those I mentioned looked like a ploughed field.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Are most parkland courses in England of a similar nature ?
It seems any yt vid I watch they all seem flat, forward and back mud baths.

Top trolling.... they are not, but I am sure you might find some that are. (No idea what you mean by "forward".... never met a "cheeky golf course before, parkland or links.)

You also might not have realised that elevated drone footage makes the land look flat;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21258

Are those mentioned up and back with just a line of trees separating them ?

I appreciate the time of year it is but two those I mentioned looked like a ploughed field.

None of those four I mentioned, are just up and down, they are proper layouts. Some better than others out of those four tbh.

As with some links and parkland, some are not great layouts and some are great and go off in all directions. That's why I like good layouts ;)

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Top trolling.... they are not, but I am sure you mind mind some that are. (No idea what you mean by "forward".... never met a "cheeky golf course before, parkland or links.)

You also might not have realised that elevated drone footage makes the land look flat;)

Forward and back = Up and down with a line of trees separating either fairway.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
None of those four I mentioned, are just up and down, they are proper layouts. Some better than others out of those four tbh.

As with some links and parkland, some are not great layouts and some are great and go off in all directions. That's why I like good layouts ;)

Cheers, must just be those ones I'm watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.