Par 6

D-S

Visit site
Played the Robert Trent Jones Trail in Alabama, W of the courses on it are over 8000 yards - there was a par 5 on, I think, The Judge at Muscle Shoals that was 720 yards - the last 150 yards were all carry over water. It was a fairly long buggy ride from the back tee to the tee I decided to play off.
Fascinating place to visit and spectacular reasonably priced golf.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played the Beast at Hamptowrth today, the 666 yard par 6. Double-bogied it after a naff tee shot! Enjoyed the hole, thought that there was more to it than the obvious gimmick. The last 180-200 yards are downhill to the green so it isnt quite the slog that the yardage suggests.
The par 6 tee is only 100 yards further back and is elevated, so it's a no brainer to play from it.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Played the Robert Trent Jones Trail in Alabama, W of the courses on it are over 8000 yards - there was a par 5 on, I think, The Judge at Muscle Shoals that was 720 yards - the last 150 yards were all carry over water. It was a fairly long buggy ride from the back tee to the tee I decided to play off.
Fascinating place to visit and spectacular reasonably priced golf.
I did Oxmoor Valley and Ross Bridge in Birmingham, Alabama. Both great, particularly Ross Bridge, which is also 8,000 yards from the back. I actually considered it for a few minutes, but then realised it wouldn't actually be that fun. $140 for Ross Bridge I think, which is pricey, but still well worth that. Oxmoor Valley wasn't quite as glamorous, but still a great track (there are 2 there, and the other looked fairly similar). $70 or so for a twilight tee, which includes a buggy is very good value for money.

The RTJ Trail is really superb, and I would love to go back and play more of them.

Reactions: D-S

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The Hawkness Monster at Eyemouth is apparently the longest hole in Scotland at 656 yards (off the tiger tee) Par 5

There is a 9 hole course in Westray in Orkney that has a par 6 at 738 yards must be a par 9 into the wind ?

peld

Visit site
The 18th at Silverknowes might be the one you're thinking of, 601 yards off the medal tees but is currently listed as a par 5. Certainly felt like a par 6 when I played it years ago.
yep came in to say that. Awful hole.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I played a par 6 in Denmark about 30 years ago, straight down wind.
Drive, 3 wood, 1/2 wedge and 2 putt birdie.
It was over 600m long

bradleywedge

Visit site
Thats nothing, I've played a course that has TWO par 6's

75b25e_095c389826374a1ab10fbd681d3b9486.webp