Par 6

Pippo_T

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Styrrup Hall near me has a 712 yard par 5 from the medal tees, been there since it opened although I think it was a par 6 previously. I've only played it from the yellow tees which is a gentle 664!! The course overall is ok but this hole (3rd) is quite dull although very challenging. Tight fairway and loads of room for a miss to the right but the rough slopes off to a ditch on the left. Made Par the first time I played it and hacked it every time since.

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Styrrup Hall near me has a 712 yard par 5 from the medal tees, been there since it opened although I think it was a par 6 previously. I've only played it from the yellow tees which is a gentle 664!! The course overall is ok but this hole (3rd) is quite dull although very challenging. Tight fairway and loads of room for a miss to the right but the rough slopes off to a ditch on the left. Made Par the first time I played it and hacked it every time since.

I play styrrup a few times each year and that hole is a monster. First 200 yards is uphill and it usually plays into wind.

Last time I played it the winds were strong and the 20+ handicaps took about 10 shots to get near the thing.

Its a good course though quite a big fan of it. Every hole is different.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Styrup hall us quite a newish course and is ono of those that will look gorgeous in about 10 yr when most trees have matured. Built the course when i was ripping the pit apart at Harworth. Unfortunately i was mot back into golf them

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Met one on a municipal course in Edinburgh during my introduction week many decades ago...Don't know if it's still there?

Length and par are there least relevant aspects of what makes a good golf hole in my opinion.

Totally agree. Would much rather play a shortish challenging par 4 where you have to think about placement and risk reward rather than some long slog to reach the green on a par 6.

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Totally agree. Would much rather play a shortish challenging par 4 where you have to think about placement and risk reward rather than some long slog to reach the green on a par 6.

Very true. Cant disagree with this statement - even if you do hit the ball a long way and have massive Testicles!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Northwest national has a 600ish yard par 5 with a 100 yard wide fairway.

Still seen two forumers miss it by a good few yards.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

I've played Styrrup a few times,it's a steady course,but a bit same old same old IMO.
The finishing hole is quite nice.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played the Beast at Hamptowrth today, the 666 yard par 6. Double-bogied it after a naff tee shot! Enjoyed the hole, thought that there was more to it than the obvious gimmick. The last 180-200 yards are downhill to the green so it isnt quite the slog that the yardage suggests.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
West Midlands Golf Club have had a par 6, 666 yds (720 off whites) and called The Devil for a few years now. Scorecard | | West Midlands Golf Club (course also has a par 3 island green to finish).

Fun to be on in 3 but big and slopey green. Can't say I'd want to play a par 6 weekly as the extra hybrid just feels like a nothing shot to get up there rather than placement for the shot into green.