Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I think some people are in denial of their actions and their role in this panic. No wonder we as a country get ourselves in such a mess.

With the fortune of hindsight, what I'd like to have seen was the attendants that have been helping the flow of traffic at garages over the last few days, turning away anyone with 1/2 tank+ of fuel. But I can only imagine the melt downs this would have caused.... Because the world is full of snowflakes at the moment, and they just keep showing themselves.

Was talking about this around the dinner table, first sign of panic buying make petrol stations have attendants, more than quarter of a tank no fuel, less than a quarter you get £30 worth.
All vans/ lorries etc with less than quarter of a tank get filled up.
Security guards in attendance if required. (Or military ?)

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Was talking about this around the dinner table, first sign of panic buying make petrol stations have attendants, more than quarter of a tank no fuel, less than a quarter you get £30 worth.
All vans/ lorries etc with less than quarter of a tank get filled up.
Security guards in attendance if required. (Or military ?)
Where you getting these extra staff??

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've not topped up yet. I've about a quarter tank left and, after collecting my car on Saturday morning after a service, I thought I'd to to fill it up. Two petrol stations were empty and the other two had big queues. Luckily I've a hybrid so sad long as I don't do more than 30 miles in a day I'll be fine but I always like to keep a decent amount in my tank in case I get called out for a work emergency. I'm hoping it will calm down next week when the numpties have all filled their cars which will undoubtedly be left parked on their drive with a full tank. :rolleyes:
I don't blame the politicians or the media. I blame it on the stupid, selfish people who have been all too prevalent over the last 18 months.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think some people are in denial of their actions and their role in this panic. No wonder we as a country get ourselves in such a mess.

With the fortune of hindsight, what I'd like to have seen was the attendants that have been helping the flow of traffic at garages over the last few days, turning away anyone with 1/2 tank+ of fuel. But I can only imagine the melt downs this would have caused.... Because the world is full of snowflakes at the moment, and they just keep showing themselves.

It's because this country is built on the myth of the "sprit" of the blitz

When reality was when people were down the tunnels in an air raid their houses were being robbed and the food rationing just lead to a black market ..

All in it together

As long as I'm alright Jack.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I’m sure the millennials and Gen Z will be falling over themselves to help. Obviously their degrees will come in handy…..If they can put there phones down of course.?

I'm sure in years to come they will do their bit in digging us out of the mess created by the older generations.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
It is what they do when there is a civic emergency regardless of the cause. By mobilising the services the public should be reassured that filling stations will not run out. When some act illogically to the detriment of others, it is often best to mitigate the impact on the others if an immediate solution is available rather than to try and change the mind of those acting illogically.

Also…Answering the post poll honestly.

Have I bought fuel in a panic…answer No.
Have I bought fuel when I didn’t 100% need to and sooner than I normally would have…answer Yes.

I am in Skye. If I run low as I head to Inverness then I could well be in trouble as their aren’t that many filling stations between here and there. And so I topped up with £20.

Am I part of the problem…Yes I am. But I am only mitigating a risk - I don’t see myself as panic buying. But I could have answered Yes to the poll question. I wonder how many of the rest of us have done something similar as I.

Where is there a civil emergency, when was this declared. Perhaps those that refused to do any work during the last 18 months might be used to do all your odd jobs.

You continue to make things up and you seem to have little or no idea what the military are for.