Panic buying fuel

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Heard an interesting conspiracy theory this morning.... Allegedly this panic is created to get rid of the last of the e10 petrol so that e5 can take over. And as we all know, the ethanol content in the new petrol degrades older car's engine components quicker and therefore pushing us faster towards an all electric ownership.

Tin foil hats at the ready.... Or some truth in it. Who knows.
Many, many pre 2011 cars on the road still..they'll need to old fuel for another 10 years at least...

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Indeed, and something that many have over recent weeks said and been very exercised about - and that the government is now legislating to prevent. You just couldn’t make up what’s happening in and to our country at the moment.

Anyway - desperately hoping that the fuel delivery issue is resolved very quickly for the many who need to travel for their work; if they can’t travel they can’t do the job; and if they don’t do the job they don’t get paid. Words of good intent are great - but what is required is action that makes a difference now.

What sort of action do you think is required?

Poaching foreign workers from the continent even though there is a shortage their? Seems wrong to me.

It will blow over soon, do you know why? Because there is no fuel shortage. Go on say it…..NO. FUEL. SHORTAGE.

RichA

Visit site
A £20 surcharge for any purchase of less than 30 litres for 4-wheeled vehicles would quickly weed out the topper-uppers.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Indeed, and something that many have over recent weeks said and been very exercised about - and that the government is now legislating to prevent. You just couldn’t make up what’s happening in and to our country at the moment.

Anyway - desperately hoping that the fuel delivery issue is resolved very quickly for the many who need to travel for their work; if they can’t travel they can’t do the job; and if they don’t do the job they don’t get paid. Words of good intent are great - but what is required is action that makes a difference now.

The government aren’t legislating for any shortage in the fuel industry because there isn’t any.

Perhaps that's why the EU isn't reporting a fuel shortage, just a thought.

Those that are uniformed about food shortages perhaps they might like to go to the UN site that has been looking at this and become better informed and more rounded in their knowledge. There is a good informative piece by a Italian MP on the subject including why there are shortages in the whole of European.

Last edited:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played at Woodlake Park today...drove through Usk.... two cars in the towns only petrol station. Speaks volumes.
Awesome greens there. Although the design of the 15th (I think it is that one) is shocking. Back on track, if I do not use my car much for the next few days I will have enough fuel to get to Blackmoor and back home for HFH.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you're relying on people NOT being stupid, best of luck.

Less than 1% of filling stations are low on fuel...
These filling stations must all be in my area then as they're all empty.

Surely my suggestion of applying a £30 minimum limit is relying on people being stupid ?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you're relying on people NOT being stupid, best of luck.

Less than 1% of filling stations are low on fuel...

Judging on what I have seen today your last sentence should read less than 1% were low on fuel, as thanks to the collective stupidity of the mob it’s more than that now. Only one out of seven round here have any petrol, still some diesel but not a lot.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Tomorrow we have an 8 mile each way drive. What worries me is that we pass 2 or 3 petrol stations, both just before roundabouts. Should we add an hour for traffic to our planned time?
Google maps shows traffic in front of one of them right now.
No traffic at all, both stations out of fuel.
personally we are down to our last 420 km. time to top up soon.

D

Deleted member 18121

I went out at 9pm last night and all 4 garages near me were sold out.

I went out at 10am and still no fuel.

Went out at 3pm today and the last one (Sainsbury's) had unleaded only.... So finally managed to fuel up. Bearing in mind my tank is the size of a thimble, it still took £52 to fill up. So I was pushing my luck.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Heard an interesting conspiracy theory this morning.... Allegedly this panic is created to get rid of the last of the e10 petrol so that e5 can take over. And as we all know, the ethanol content in the new petrol degrades older car's engine components quicker and therefore pushing us faster towards an all electric ownership.

Tin foil hats at the ready.... Or some truth in it. Who knows.

E5 is the older fuel which is suitable for older engines and is being replaced by E10. Higher octane fuels such as Shell's Vpower is still E5 which I'm having to use for my classic car and old ride on mower.

D

Deleted member 18121

E5 is the older fuel which is suitable for older engines and is being replaced by E10. Higher octane fuels such as Shell's Vpower is still E5 which I'm having to use for my classic car and old ride on mower.

Yes you're right, got my number round the wrong way earlier. I'm also doing the same in my car where I can.... Higher octane wherever possible