Pairs greensomes question

D

Deleted member 15344

the rule is Rule 29, as already quoted here it's alternate shots ignoring penalty strokes.

he played (OOB) then his partner plays under rule 27-1 (stroke and distance) from the same place - because it was from a teeing ground his partner is permitted to tee it up (20-5a). Note in mixed foursomes the partner would play from the tee that the original partner played from (not their teeing ground).

So I was right

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Here's a wee quiz type question. In foursomes, in what situations would a player play the ball twice in succession?

a. in strokeplay
b. in matchplay

Answers so far.
Yes to teeing off after holing out at previous hole ( I was thinking of twice in succession on the same hole but didn't make that clear).
Yes to hitting an overhead cable if LR requires the shot to be cancelled (stroke play and match play).
Yes to playing out of turn in matchplay and being required to play the shot again.
Yes to any shot that has to be replayed, but only half marks for being unspecific and lazy ;) And these shots result from what?

There is at least one more that applies to both forms of play, one other match play one and one more stroke play one....... that I can think of.

Last edited:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Answers so far.
Yes to teeing off after holing out at previous hole ( I was thinking of twice in succession on the same hole but didn't make that clear).
Yes to hitting an overhead cable if LR requires the shot to be cancelled (stroke play and match play).
Yes to playing out of turn in matchplay and being required to play the shot again.
Yes to any shot that has to be replayed, but only half marks for being unspecific and lazy ;) And these shots result from what?

There is at least one more that applies to both forms of play, one other match play one and one more stroke play one....... that I can think of.

I'll chuck in one just to show I watching.... strokeplay; player proceeding under 3-3

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well we played good and bad! Didn't have to use any if the drop information but just a couple of extra tee shots. Came in with a net 74 from par 71. Not bad especially as we had a 9 on the 14th, our second as it was shotgun start. Winners had 70! Gutted at the 9 but had a good day around and on the greens.