Greensomes who plays next ?

nyckuk

Visit site
The Comp this weekend is Greensomes . Me and my partner are both a bit wayward so both these situations will probably arise

1) We both hit it OOB off the tee ,do we both hit again or nominate one of us to hit again

2)I hit it OOB on the 3rd shot ,do i kept dropping & hitting until its playable or does my partner hit next

thanks

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
1) Choose which of you is to play your 3rd shot (stroke and distance) from the tee, then alternate.
2) Your partner plays next (your 5th shot).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With Q2 always remember penalties do not affect the order of play so if you incur a penalty by hitting it OB you partner plays the next shot.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Colin - if playing provisional from the tee is it not the case that in Mixed Greensomes the Gent plays from the ladies tee - or the lady could play from the Gents tee ?
]

A good reminder, Dick. In this case, with both teeshots out of bounds, whichever player is chosen is playing under stroke and distance for his/her partner's ball and so must play from where his/her stroke was made. That means, as you say, the man from where the woman played her tee shot or vice versa - if, that is, they played from different tees in the first instance.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
1. You decide which one is playing your third shot. As DDick says if it's a mixed event, then you'd play off the ladies, and vice versa
2. No your partner now plays