Paige Spirinac: Good for women's golf or not ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Really, I only noticed the T&A!

Exactly - that’s why people follow her and that’s why everyone watches her on social media - not because of a club she is swinging but because of those clothes she wears - she could be swinging a baseball bat - people wouldn’t care

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Exactly - that’s why people follow her and that’s why everyone watches her on social media - not because of a club she is swinging but because of those clothes she wears - she could be swinging a baseball bat - people wouldn’t care

meh shes got a cracking rack

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

I agree people do not follow her to get tips to cure their driver slice. But does it matter why people follow her, if when they get there she is highlighting golf many times? Golf can't afford to be so precious to say you can only encourage people to follow people playing golf on social media who have won 2 majors.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Pretty much every time anyone sees an image of Spirinac they will also see the word golf. As well as promoting herself, she is also promoting golf. I think its hilarious reading some of the Victorian comments across this thread and several others in the past. Lets be honest here, pretty much every guy likes the look of a pretty woman, and will have been a bit laddish in their comments in the past. We might want to appear a little prim and proper in public but c'mon, be honest with yourself at least.

Yes I clicked on the instagram link, and yes she is a bit tasty. But 5 secs later I've moved on to something else a little more engaging of the mind.

Is she a good role model? Yes she is. She's broke no laws, well at least not in the western world. And she making best use of her talents. Good luck to her.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pretty much every time anyone sees an image of Spirinac they will also see the word golf. As well as promoting herself, she is also promoting golf. I think its hilarious reading some of the Victorian comments across this thread and several others in the past. Lets be honest here, pretty much every guy likes the look of a pretty woman, and will have been a bit laddish in their comments in the past. We might want to appear a little prim and proper in public but c'mon, be honest with yourself at least.

Yes I clicked on the instagram link, and yes she is a bit tasty. But 5 secs later I've moved on to something else a little more engaging of the mind.

Is she a good role model? Yes she is. She's broke no laws, well at least not in the western world. And she making best use of her talents. Good luck to her.

better roll model than dele alli lol

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Take away the golf club and replace it with a microphone (or reality TV camera) and suddenly she’d be seen as way overdressed (if not necessarily conservative)

I don’t see why the standards/expectations of being a role model should be variable depending on the activity

There are a lot worse than her out there…

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Take away the golf club and replace it with a microphone (or reality TV camera) and suddenly she’d be seen as way overdressed (if not necessarily conservative)

I don’t see why the standards/expectations of being a role model should be variable depending on the activity

There are a lot worse than her out there…
A role model is someone others look at to emulate.
She is a pretty girl who uses her social media so she doesn’t have to do a normal job, and happens to dabble with golf.
She isn’t a professional golfer earning her living on the ladies tour, knowing that failure at that event will mean next to no money if any at all.
She might be a role model for those wanting to be social media darlings, but as a female golfer she isn’t.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
She is a pretty girl who uses her social media so she doesn’t have to do a normal job, and happens to dabble with golf.
She isn’t a professional golfer earning her living on the ladies tour, knowing that failure at that event will mean next to no money if any at all.
She might be a role model for those wanting to be social media darlings, but as a female golfer she isn’t.

What about as an ambassador for the prevention of online bullying?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
#109 referred to her as a role model.
I was putting a different opinion on that.

Yes, which is what I was referring to! Think there's some confusion here chap, I've already said I think she's great for golf so I know we don't agree on that but I think to say she isn't a role model for anyone other than wannabe media darlings is a bit harsh, she's doing a lot more with her profile for the greater good (and golf imo) than a great many social influencers.

Happy to agree to disagree about the golf thing, but she seems to be a decent person going out of her way to make the online community a better place and for that she has my admiration - to me she is a role model. I don't think we get to decide what group she is a role model to. Is David Beckham a role model for footballers? Models? Aspiring fashionistas? Or is he just a role model to young men because he conducts himself well.

Apart from the whole Rebecca Loos thing

:)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

I believe that she is a professional golfer.