Out to in swing

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Practicing at the range recently with my 60 degree lob wedge and all of a sudden started to shank a few after hitting some crackers,i noticed my divots point to the left after entering pretty straight hence the out to in swing path.This also tells me why i fade my driver.however im pretty straight with my irons.Any tips

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I normally find that if my divots are starting to point out to the left it's because I've let my legs get a little too busy. If I try to remember to hit against a firm left side it helps.

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
Sometimes the cause of a out to in swing is you start the downswing with the arms kind of rushing the shot

You could try swinging at half pace,once at the top start down with your hips driving open then let the club catch up

Have a look at most pros their hips get out of the way first so they can hit from the inside

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I normally find that if my divots are starting to point out to the left it's because I've let my legs get a little too busy. If I try to remember to hit against a firm left side it helps.

Any tips/ drills ?

:D

bigbiffa

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
are you keeping your hands forward? crucial with wedges. hands forward, weight on left when pitching.
If hitting full shots,yeah try to make a smooth turn,and also feel as if your hands are brushing your right trouser pocket on downswing. the problem could be that you are " coming over the top" on your downswing.As a former sufferer of this, these are the two drills that helped me most!good luck!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
are you keeping your hands forward? crucial with wedges. hands forward, weight on left when pitching.
If hitting full shots,yeah try to make a smooth turn,and also feel as if your hands are brushing your right trouser pocket on downswing. the problem could be that you are " coming over the top" on your downswing.As a former sufferer of this, these are the two drills that helped me most!good luck!

Yes thats good advice im definately coming over the top and will try that tommorow as well as smiffys stronger left side,and i was much better today,thx all.

DingleBerry

Assistant Pro
Visit site
hands forward relax grip play ball a little further forward than usual, amatuer golfers seem to think that playing the ball further back will help them make contact with the ball first and the ground second,producing a nice,healthy divot! but think about it if u r trying to hit a ball thats some where bhind the middle of your stance while correctly shilfting your weight forward on your back swing how can u wxpect to make contact!! aim left open face more open higher the ball goes

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

Any tips/ drills ?

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSK7M8iCaH0

;)

Having only just read this thread I find this a bit disturbing.... not only is Smiffy offering advice but I'm getting a weird deja vous feeling about my converstaion with Craphacker today.

Weird. Very weird.

The guy in the vid is also disturbing.. might have slept with a cousin or sommit'.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
hands forward relax grip play ball a little further forward than usual, amatuer golfers seem to think that playing the ball further back will help them make contact with the ball first and the ground second,producing a nice,healthy divot! but think about it if u r trying to hit a ball thats some where bhind the middle of your stance while correctly shilfting your weight forward on your back swing how can u wxpect to make contact!! aim left open face more open higher the ball goes

Perhaps you can come down the range and show me how you do it im there tommorow

DingleBerry

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have been to the range today and tried the tips given and had some good results,liked the brushing of the pocket tip all in all a good session,ta

only look for balls at vivary im a pickeridge golfer myself!!