Orders of Merit

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Just been perusing my clubs results page. Had a look at the OOM. Noticed something strange that in previous (5) years it was a fairly regular set of players near the top. Who you would expect, those always near their handicap with a couple good rounds splashed in.

This year its totally topsy turvy with none of the usual suspects, and some who have had notably inconsistent years near the top!?

Has anyone else noticed this? Or is this just a one off at my club?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Ours is being won by the clubs best player by a mile. Very consistent guy too. Well deserved IMO

Midweek OOM is also being won by the best and most consistent Senior too.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In our seniors it used to be a straight forward who won the most money now they use a points based system and getting best gross in medals is given a heavier weighting as they no longer pay out a best gross prize.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Never get excited by ours. Only benefits those that can play all the midweek comps including the senior events. Doesn't take into account those that can only play at weekends so unfairly skewed. I've asked several captains why it isn't based on a best x rounds" to give everybody a level playing field but to no avail

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just been perusing my clubs results page. Had a look at the OOM. Noticed something strange that in previous (5) years it was a fairly regular set of players near the top. Who you would expect, those always near their handicap with a couple good rounds splashed in.

This year its totally topsy turvy with none of the usual suspects, and some who have had notably inconsistent years near the top!?

Has anyone else noticed this? Or is this just a one off at my club?
OOM criteria vary from club to club. What are yours?