Order of merit what's that mean

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Having a perusal on the club website and at the moment I am 8th out of about 400 members. 7 women are in front and I am the 8th IE no1 mester.

But what does order of merit mean and how's it scored.

cheers me dears

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Having a perusal on the club website and at the moment I am 8th out of about 400 members. 7 women are in front and I am the 8th IE no1 mester.

But what does order of merit mean and how's it scored.

cheers me dears

Generally you get points based on finishes in comps and they will take your best x finishes over the year and keep a ranking. Differs from club to club.

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
At our club the top 6 in each competition get ranking points, these are then added together at the end of the season with the top 4 representing the club the following year in the county competitions and the winner gets a trophy.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It means either you have rather good lady golfers at your club & the guys are all poo. Really your the best guy at you club ?

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It means either you have rather good lady golfers at your club & the guys are all poo. Really your the best guy at you club ?

Order of Merit winner is code for the Bandit of the Year prize ;)

unless its the scratch OoM

Just having a look at our OoM, points go down to 15th place in each medal, stableford and trophy comp (all worth the same)

Club Championship is double points, divisional club championship 1.5x and there are points for making the quarter final or better of either the pairs or singles KO. Unsure how many events it is to count, might not even be a maximum number of counting events

Last edited: