One make or mixed bag of clubs

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
No absolutely not. I've got no issues with people saying "I will only play ping". Just don't tell me they all happened to be the best for them too. Sure its a possibility that the same manufacturer happens to come out on top each time. Just not likely. Taylormade seems to be slowly taking over my bag (I'm not a fan either)
Well you've just contradicted yourself there.....
"Don't tell me they all happened to be the best"
"Sure it's a possibility "...
It's less likely than having 2 or 3 brands in the bag but.......It's a possibility :whistle:

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well you've just contradicted yourself there.....
"Don't tell me they all happened to be the best"
"Sure it's a possibility "...
It's less likely than having 2 or 3 brands in the bag but.......It's a possibility :whistle:
I've not contradicted myself I've just said it's a possibility but not likely. The same way "its possible" that my car will be stolen of my drive tonight. Highly unlikely though. So the fact he started his post saying "I'm ocd". Makes me lean towards my car not being stolen

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've not contradicted myself I've just said it's a possibility but not likely. The same way "its possible" that my car will be stolen of my drive tonight. Highly unlikely though. So the fact he started his post saying "I'm ocd". Makes me lean towards my car not being stolen

So is it possible or not..?
One word answer - don't go all Politician on me......;)

Brads

Visit site
Well I tested the G425 and the new TM stealth and absolutely preferred (and hit way better) the TSi2
The new stealth felt so light it almost made it difficult to control the head

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Complete mix up
Taylormade M2 driver old M1 3 wood
Mizuno HMB 2i
Mizuno 850 forged 4i
Mizuno 919 tour 5-PW
Vokey sm7 50 & 54
Taylormade hi toe 60 degree
Spider x putter

Carlwm

Visit site
Quite frankly..... I don't care

oh-um-i-don%27t-care..gif

Chandler Ping? :)

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I don't mind, but personally I like the mix up bag look if I'm honest. Just don't mix up brands to make up your iron set like a bloke I once played a match against!

D

Deleted member 23344

I started quite OCD and then slowly went to two mixed sets. Recently I have changed a few clubs and now have a Ping set and a Taylormade set … although not fully OCD as each contains three other clubs, although they are in a Ping bag and a Taylormade bag. ?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I don't mind, but personally I like the mix up bag look if I'm honest. Just don't mix up brands to make up your iron set like a bloke I once played a match against!
Did you beat him though? ?

AliMc

Visit site
Titleist Driver, 3 wood and 2 hybrids
TM Sim Max irons
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 wedges
Odyssey O works 7 putter

FJ gloves
Titleist ProV1 and TM TP5 balls
FJ, Ecco & Stubert shoes
Powakaddy trolley & Bag
'Roxburghe' GC umbrella ?
Bushnell V4 rangefinder
Shotscope V2 watch

What else can I buy i wonder ?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
See, as a new golfer, this is the kind of thing I hope to never come across. I've never gotten it, a bit like folk who hate cyclists wearing team kit.

Surely it doesn't matter ?
I agree with you on the golfing aspect.
Cyclists wearing team kit are fair game though!!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I've a mate who is a massive TM and Nike fanboy. Full TM through the bag and all his clothes are Nike.

I used to have a full Callaway bag and only used to wear under armour clothes when I first got into golf. I used to look like the world's worst wannabe.

Over the past couple of years it's become a real mix.

Callaway woods and hybrids
Mizuno irons
Vokey wedges
Ping putter (currently at least)

All kept in a Taylormade bag.

Got another retro bag with Titleist woods, Wilson irons and wedges and odyssey putter.

Carlwm

Visit site
Apart from my driver, I have no idea what brands the clubs in my bag but it's definitely a mongrel set

Having dabbled for a while, and hiring clubs when I played, I only started to get out regularly just before the 'rona hit. I bought a set of irons and a five wood, £100 the lot, from a fellow at the range where I was having lessons, my putter in a charity shop for £2 (along with the bag itself, which was £3) and, just the other day, a hybrid from a bunch of clubs they were getting rid of at a course I played, for £8 - unclaimed lost property, I should imagine. I've never taken in who actually made them all. My driver is my most expensive club and the only one I've bought new albeit at a heavily reduced price, at a local independent golf shop. It's a Cleveland 588 Altitude.

It seemed knuckle-headed to spend a fortune before I knew whether I was going to seriously take to the sport and now that I have, the clubs all seem to be performing as well as the putz wielding them will allow so I can't see myself upgrading any time soon.