D

Deleted member 29109

TM Driver
Ping 5 Wood
Titliest Hybrid
Ping irons
Ping wedges
SC Putter

The 5wood and wedges have recently been swapped from a Titliest and Cleveland.

I buy what I like and what suits. I do know people who, if they get a new driver will have to get matching woods as a minimum, but usually end up with a full matching set and bag.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Ping driver
Mizuno 3wood and 3 hybrid
Mizuno mp20 HMBs
Scotty Cameron Futura X 8

When I went for the wedge fitting I wanted to love the Mizuno T20 wedges, to try and at least have close to everything matching, but the Ping Glide Forged were so much better for me. But at least they match the driver!

D

Deleted member 1147

Ping driver
Mizuno 3wood and 3 hybrid
Mizuno mp20 HMBs
Scotty Cameron Futura X 8

When I went for the wedge fitting I wanted to love the Mizuno T20 wedges, to try and at least have close to everything matching, but the Ping Glide Forged were so much better for me. But at least they match the driver!

I think you may need to update your signature:

Bratty
===============
Handicap: 13.0
Ping G25 (9.5 degree stiff stock)
Ping i25 3 wood (stiff stock)
Ping g25 17deg & 20deg (stiff stock)
Ping i25, yellow dot (4-PW, stiff CFS steel shafts)
Cleveland 588 50 deg (2012) & 56 deg (2012) (regular stock steel)
Odyssey Marxman Mini
Callaway Hext Hot Pro/Hex Black
GoKart trolley

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mixed make all the way. As long as it works and it's not red* I'll give it a go.

* If it's blue I'm more likely to buy it. :D

Bratty

Visit site
I think you may need to update your signature:

Bratty
===============
Handicap: 13.0
Ping G25 (9.5 degree stiff stock)
Ping i25 3 wood (stiff stock)
Ping g25 17deg & 20deg (stiff stock)
Ping i25, yellow dot (4-PW, stiff CFS steel shafts)
Cleveland 588 50 deg (2012) & 56 deg (2012) (regular stock steel)
Odyssey Marxman Mini
Callaway Hext Hot Pro/Hex Black
GoKart trolley
Oh dear! The only thing that is still correct is the handicap (sadly!)! ?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
It goes against common sense to have a full bag of the same make. What are the chances that say, Ping make the best driver for you, the best irons for you, the best putter & wedges? I love Ping drivers but I'm not a fan of their irons. I use Cleveland wedges but I wouldn't really go for one of their drivers. I really like my Evnroll putter but they don't even make other clubs! It's just about finding what works.

Having said that I like to match things to a smaller extent. As in, both my woods are the same club, both my hybrids are the same club, three of my wedges are all Cleveland. I don't think I could handle a bag like Bernhard Langer's, where his 7 iron doesn't even match his 8 iron. :LOL:
Works for Viktor Hovland and Lee Westwood.

Personally I love Mizuno, (see signature for evidence) and found myself slowly gathering more and more until I found myself, not really by design, only a putter away from a full Mizuno bag, so I pulled the trigger and there it was, a Mizuno bag full of Mizuno clubs.

It only lasted a short time before wholesale changed ensued. I did nearly have a full Srixon bag once, and I would actually like a full bag of one brand but as already stated it's particularly practical.

sunshine

Visit site
Don’t forget matching cap and clothing too.

Gone are the glory days when you could proudly promote a single brand of equipment and head to toe gear. I remember a mate of mine with the ubiquitous little swoosh on all his golf equipment and clothes.

These days I can only think of Mizuno which does everything. Titleist/Footjoy and Cobra/Puma are the same company, but in both cases you need to sport different brands. Am I missing anything?

I'd like to thank my sponsors for the W...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gone are the glory days when you could proudly promote a single brand of equipment and head to toe gear. I remember a mate of mine with the ubiquitous little swoosh on all his golf equipment and clothes.

These days I can only think of Mizuno which does everything. Titleist/Footjoy and Cobra/Puma are the same company, but in both cases you need to sport different brands. Am I missing anything?

I'd like to thank my sponsors for the W...
Ping do make clothes as well so you could go full Ping w****r. Callaway do but your putter would say Odyssey so maybe doesn't count.

Bratty

Visit site
Ahhh I didn't think of that. I wonder why they don't?
They stopped in 1997 apparently (I googled it to make 100% sure I was right before I typed my previous post!), but I didn't bother reading the article. You've piqued my curiosity now...

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Cobra f-speed big bat of 10.5 degrees. (£25 SH in 2010)
2 smaller Cobra bats of 16 and 20 degrees. (£25 SH in 2010 and £14 SH a few days ago)
Some Ping things from 3-ironer down to a 52 degree wedger. (hundreds of £££ brand new in 2008 - successfully forgotten how much)
A Ram 64 degree wedger. (£39 brand new 1990s)
A Ben Sayers putter. (£25 brand new 1989)
3.0 HI

Last edited: