One for the plumbers amongst us...

D

Deleted member 1740

I have indeed fed one from the other. Thinking that it made a loop. So should I tee the two inlets to the two TRVs ans the two returns teed to the original return.

Would that stop the firt rad even warming?

It shouldn't stop the 1st rad from warming tbh, but it'll cause problems.

You need to tee into the flow pipe(inlet) and tee in the return (outlet) for each radiator.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Actually, one other question on plumbing.
An oddity I noticed in the new house is one radiator out of them all is plumbed with 15mm pipe, all the others 8mm. This radiator constantly needs bled (every two days since last Tuesday. Checked under the boards and no leaks but the 8mm has been upped to 15mm for some reason. Could this odd set up be thd cause of needing bled all the time? Its a fairly new looking rad in relation to the rest in the house.

D

Deleted member 1740

Actually, one other question on plumbing.
An oddity I noticed in the new house is one radiator out of them all is plumbed with 15mm pipe, all the others 8mm. This radiator constantly needs bled (every two days since last Tuesday. Checked under the boards and no leaks but the 8mm has been upped to 15mm for some reason. Could this odd set up be thd cause of needing bled all the time? Its a fairly new looking rad in relation to the rest in the house.

It'll probably be 10mm and no it shouldn't make a difference.

You've probably just got some pockets of air in the system it'll eventually work it's way out.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok so crude drawing, done on my phone so apologies.
Tried to draw up what I will do. Blue is the original feed and return from the old huge rad, the red is the flows to the new TRVs and the orange is the returns from the new rad lockshields. Will this be right?

2015-01-12-22-40-17-1.jpg

D

Deleted member 1740

Ok so crude drawing, done on my phone so apologies.
Tried to draw up what I will do. Blue is the original feed and return from the old huge rad, the red is the flows to the new TRVs and the orange is the returns from the new rad lockshields. Will this be right?

View attachment 13551

Yes that'll work.

To be honest you can have trvs on whichever side as almost all trvs are bi directional nowadays.

D

Deleted member 1740

It used to be common many many years ago, probably when you were an apprentice, in days where combi boilers were a new thing and old school boys were scared of them, a large combo at the time was 80k BTU

Ye I know mate, these days most plumbers couldn't fit a 'y' or 's' plan conventional system, if it's not a combi they flip:D

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
All done and seems to be working ok. Need to bleed a couple of the older rads but the rad key I have seems to be too big for them. Will need to see if I can get a smaller one or a multi fit one.

Thanks to the guys for the help and advice.

D

Deleted member 1740

All done and seems to be working ok. Need to bleed a couple of the older rads but the rad key I have seems to be too big for them. Will need to see if I can get a smaller one or a multi fit one.

Thanks to the guys for the help and advice.

No worries Greg anytime.