One for the plumbers amongst us...

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
So not sure if I have an issue appear or if its just normal.
Last two days all has been running ok, radiator A was getting hot fairly quickly and then radiator B followed not long after.
Went down to the house tonight to do some wallpaper stripping and the house was a bit parky. Turned the new digistat I installed up to 18 and the boiler fired up as expected.
Into the living room and radiator A was cold but the flow pipe was getting hot, meanwhile radiator B was heating up nicely.
The flow pipe to radiator A got to the MC Hammer stage ("can't touch this") but the rad still cold. I took the TRV off the valve and it warmed a bit.

All in all it took an hour and it still was nowherenear as hot as radiator B despite the flow pipebeing nuclear.

Dodgy TRV???

D

Deleted member 1740

So not sure if I have an issue appear or if its just normal.
Last two days all has been running ok, radiator A was getting hot fairly quickly and then radiator B followed not long after.
Went down to the house tonight to do some wallpaper stripping and the house was a bit parky. Turned the new digistat I installed up to 18 and the boiler fired up as expected.
Into the living room and radiator A was cold but the flow pipe was getting hot, meanwhile radiator B was heating up nicely.
The flow pipe to radiator A got to the MC Hammer stage ("can't touch this") but the rad still cold. I took the TRV off the valve and it warmed a bit.

All in all it took an hour and it still was nowherenear as hot as radiator B despite the flow pipebeing nuclear.

Dodgy TRV???

Yes, this happens when you buy cheap trvs :whistle:

D

Deleted member 1740

Any way to unstick them or does it need replaced?

Take the head off it and see how it works with the head off.

I usually gently push the pin down quickly a few times using the handle of my hammer.

If it still happens take it off and fling it back to the merchant.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Take the head off it and see how it works with the head off.

I usually gently push the pin down quickly a few times using the handle of my hammer.

If it still happens take it off and fling it back to the merchant.

I swapped the valve heads over and the problem swapped with it. So took the valve back and got a replacement but even though its now heating up, it still isnt as hot as the other one. However, common sense is telling me that the ambient temps at the different ends of the room are different so hope thats all it is.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Sound like you may need to just go through the system and balance it so they all work effectively. Pretty straight forward, but before you do just run it and keep bleeding for a couple of week till no air left in it.