"On Tour With The Rules of Golf"

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just reading this on the R&A site and made me chuckle - bet the air at home was blue!!

During the 2012 Senior Open Championship, played over the Ailsa Course at Turnberry, Pete Oakley incurred a two stroke penalty on the 12th hole for unduly delaying play. His caddie – who also happened to be his wife Jennifer – went ahead with his clubs at the 12th hole in case his tee shot veered into the rough, with a view to help spotting it.

Oakley played and found a bunker from the tee. When he arrived at the bunker, his caddie was nowhere to be seen. Mrs Oakley had got involved in a ball search in the rough on the adjacent 10th hole and it was only after a few minutes that she realised that the golfer searching alongside her was definitely not her husband!

She realised her mistake and hurried back to find him but in her haste, mistook the 10th tee for the 12th tee. By the time she found her player on the 12th hole, the delay was considerable and had prevented the group from progressing. The referee determined that Oakley had unduly delayed play resulting in a two-shot penalty (Rule 6-7).

Oopsie!!

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
His caddie – who also happened to be his wife Jennifer – went ahead with his clubs at the 12th hole in case his tee shot veered into the rough, with a view to help spotting it.

Oopsie!!
She had Some confidence in his game ha ... wonder if she still caddying for him ?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The time it takes mine to get ready to go out anywhere, I wonder if there should be a penalty in marriage for "unduly delaying a shopping trip"?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
The time it takes mine to get ready to go out anywhere, I wonder if there should be a penalty in marriage for "unduly delaying a shopping trip"?

What was your hurry going shoping tho Chris ?:) were ya all excited ? :D You cant rush quality time with the other half ..