On the Move (hopefully)

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The next month or so could be interesting. Having recently moved to a different job, we are now moving house which brings with it a change of golf club so I will be leaving Homer and the "Heath of Dreams" we call RAGC and joining Richart at Blackmoor.

It's going to be sad to leave RAGC, I've met a lot of good guys there in the last 4 years and the course itself, while not everyone's cup of tea, has improved dramatically in the last 18 months and it challenges me every week I play.

It is however not a patch on Blackmoor. I attended an Open Day there on Saturday which means the 1% of me that wasn't convinced has now voted "yes". Richart has given me the lowdown and kindly offered to introduce me to his roll-up crowd (as Homer did when I joined RAGC; the GM forum comes through yet again :thup:) which will make settling in much easier.

All I have to do now is keep my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly with the house move.

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site
Once you leave ragc that's it we will never let you back in. If you do get in we're not going to tell you the code for the gate lol. Good luck with the house move hope it all goes smoothly. I agree with you so much on how much the course has come in the past 18 months too.:cheers:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's always hard leaving a club, but If I was ending up at Blackmoor I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

We too are looking at a move but luckily it's close enough to stay out for the mean time with planned areas, if this changes a change of club may be on the cards to, but it's a last resort.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Good luck with the move Mike, plenty of courses to choose from in the area and you've picked a good one. Obviously if you wanted to join a really good club you're not too far away from Hayling ;)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The next month or so could be interesting. Having recently moved to a different job, we are now moving house which brings with it a change of golf club so I will be leaving Homer and the "Heath of Dreams" we call RAGC and joining Richart at Blackmoor.

It's going to be sad to leave RAGC, I've met a lot of good guys there in the last 4 years and the course itself, while not everyone's cup of tea, has improved dramatically in the last 18 months and it challenges me every week I play.

It is however not a patch on Blackmoor. I attended an Open Day there on Saturday which means the 1% of me that wasn't convinced has now voted "yes". Richart has given me the lowdown and kindly offered to introduce me to his roll-up crowd (as Homer did when I joined RAGC; the GM forum comes through yet again :thup:) which will make settling in much easier.

All I have to do now is keep my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly with the house move.

Ah Blackmoor - the second best course on the Surrey/Hants borders area :)

Cracking track - you'll love it there I am sure.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Good luck and what a positive outcome being able to join Blackmoor, a superb course I would never tire of playing :thup:

D

Deleted member 15344

Good luck and throughly enjoy playing at Blackmoor

Cracking course and still can't believe I lived there for 6 years and not once played a round of golf there or anywhere in the area :D

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good luck and throughly enjoy playing at Blackmoor

Cracking course and still can't believe I lived there for 6 years and not once played a round of golf there or anywhere in the area :D
There's a book called how to win friends and influence people, that may invite you.
BTW you're welcome for a game at my gaff anytime [ if you have a passport]Oops not needed now :thup:Hawkey the noo

Last edited:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well you won't go too far wrong with Blackmoor,

I hope he plays the 5th better than I do.
I must have played Blackmoor a dozen times and I don't think I've ever scored a point on that bloody hole.
I hate it. Absolutely hate it.
If ever I had a "bogey" hole it is the 5th at Blackmoor.
:angry:

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I must have played Blackmoor a dozen times and I don't think I've ever scored a point on that bloody hole.

Ah ...... The 5th ........ A strange hole that! An absolute right angle dog leg, never seen many quite like that!

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Ah ...... The 5th ........ A strange hole that! An absolute right angle dog leg, never seen many quite like that!

Just looked at my card, the dogleg to the right just doesn't suit me at all, I was lucky to scab a point though :smirk:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I've hit enough good drives down to the corner and given myself a sight of the green.
But it doesn't matter what I try to do, I always (always) end up topping my second bloody shot into the ditch that runs across in front of you.
I've tried going for the green, I've tried playing it safe and just knocking something lofted over there and play it like a par 5 (if I walked off that green with a 5 for 2 I'd be happy) but I do it every time.
It has really got to me now.
As has the following par 3. Although I have parred that a few times (normally by playing a decent chip from short right!).
Funny how on some courses a hole or two can "get to you"

D

Deleted member 15344

Rescue just short of ditch

5 iron to 10ft

Two putt par :D

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I like the 5th but then I can't think of a hole I don't like.