D

Deleted member 15344

doesnt fit with the comment about losing par 5s though does it

Ellesborough has 4 doesn't it ? 1 on the front 9 and three on the back

Chiltern Forest just the 2 i think

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hawkeye - looked at the layout at both courses. Looks like you will have only 2 Par 5 at the new place, as well as 1 less par 3.

This is similar to a move I could be making in the future - have you given much thought to it? had a good season on our Par 5s and recorded a good few birdies on them. Appreciate the reasons for the move in your case, just wanted yours(and others) thoughts on that aspect.

It's not really something I've given much thought to TBH, at the end of the day it's 18 holes, I just have to try to do it in 69 shots instead of 70. It's like any course, keep the ball in play off the tee, get somewhere near the green in two and have a decent short game and you won't be far away.

I've never been prolific on the birdie front, even on Par 5s so I don't think that will affect me too much and there are a couple of Par 3s at RAGC that I will be glad to see the back of.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's not really something I've given much thought to TBH, at the end of the day it's 18 holes, I just have to try to do it in 69 shots instead of 70. It's like any course, keep the ball in play off the tee, get somewhere near the green in two and have a decent short game and you won't be far away.

I've never been prolific on the birdie front, even on Par 5s so I don't think that will affect me too much and there are a couple of Par 3s at RAGC that I will be glad to see the back of.

Never heard Homer called a par 3 before ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

The par maybe 69 at Blackmoor but it's still a cracking test of golf - some very good holes

Was chuffed with my play there last week and walked off happy with my score

It's a course that can easily beat you up - some tough par 3's

And the tenth is a brutal par 4 to start the back 9

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The par maybe 69 at Blackmoor but it's still a cracking test of golf - some very good holes

I quite agree, the slightest mistake and it can swollow you up, but it is also fair. 10 is a beast but tough Par 3s I have plenty of practice with :D

D

Deleted member 15344

I quite agree, the slightest mistake and it can swollow you up, but it is also fair. 10 is a beast but tough Par 3s I have plenty of practice with :D

Just one problem though - some dodgy hairdresser cars in the car park though :D

Jealous that you will get to play such a lovely course every week - enjoy :thup:

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Just looking at my card again :rolleyes: I parred 4 of the 5 par 3's last week :whoo: only the 6th got me but still scabbed a point :(

D

Deleted member 15344

Just looking at my card again :rolleyes: I parred 4 of the 5 par 3's last week :whoo: only the 6th got me but still scabbed a point :(

Do you sleep with it :D

It's a shame you just had a poor finish ( bar the last ) as your play deserved prob another 3 points especially your putting which was quality

Wont be long before you're getting close to single figures

The best part was you were more awake and the banter was flowing :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's a shame it isn't about 20 minutes closer or I'd be following Mike down there. It's too far to go especially for an evening game but one of the best courses, and friendliest I've been to in the last few years.

Looks like I've replaced him already with (sorry Mike but needs must with Winter knockout and the like) but we're going to do the Nike next year out of Blackmoor so hoping to get a good few rounds there.

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site
It's a shame it isn't about 20 minutes closer or I'd be following Mike down there. It's too far to go especially for an evening game but one of the best courses, and friendliest I've been to in the last few years.

Looks like I've replaced him already with (sorry Mike but needs must with Winter knockout and the like) but we're going to do the Nike next year out of Blackmoor so hoping to get a good few rounds there.
Mike who?

:clap:

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site
Pretty big shoes to fill but you've passed the interview and fully signed now which means you're lumbered carrying a dead weight around in all future pairs events. I'd PM Mike and ask for advice asap. I'll be watching your score on Saturday especially as you're out with Billy Koen aren't you. That wil be an education

If you get to single figures before me no sweat. Mike did it with consummate ease
yup out with big billy, should be good I will give him a few tips and tell him where he's going wrong. I should be able to out drive him as long as he doesn't use anything lower than a 6 iron.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes there is, it's more commonly known as Richart :eek:
That did make me laugh Gordon.:) Just remembered we do have a reciprocal at Hayling, so I didn't need to scrounge rounds off you after all.:mad:

Hope all goes well with the move Mike, and I know you will love Blackmoor. Swearing is actually compulsary in the roll up's. :thup:

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes but in leafy Hampshire the following are considered swear words:

Drat, darn, poppycock, fiddlesticks..............:rofl:

Dont forget the really harsh words though like - bugger and poopsticks :D

Slicer30

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Have a round at Weston turville this weekend, its closer to my new house also. just starting out in the search really, so might finally get over to Aylesbury Vale in the next few months to check it out.

Chiltern forest and Ellesborough are not in the equation at the moment. I like Magnolia park, could get there in the summer from work(in oxford) but its a bit more of a trek on the weekends.

D

Deleted member 15344

Have a round at Weston turville this weekend, its closer to my new house also. just starting out in the search really, so might finally get over to Aylesbury Vale in the next few months to check it out.

Chiltern forest and Ellesborough are not in the equation at the moment. I like Magnolia park, could get there in the summer from work(in oxford) but its a bit more of a trek on the weekends.

Why not Ellesborough ?

And if Magnolia Park is behind looked at then travel two mins up the road to Studley Wood which is far superior a course

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Not sure if you realise this but they're going to be filling the fields between Bedgrove and WT with about 3000 houses quite soon - and I found WT extremely dull!

D

Deleted member 15344

Not sure if you realise this but they're going to be filling the fields between Bedgrove and WT with about 3000 houses quite soon - and I found WT extremely dull!

Blimey didn't realise it got that exciting there !

Found it worse than that - could have fallen asleep there