On the Move (hopefully)

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just looked at my card, the dogleg to the right just doesn't suit me at all, I was lucky to scab a point though :smirk:

I hit a draw so right hand doglegs aren't ideal for me either but the plus side is you are rarely blocked out, just have longer shots. It might finally be time for me to learn to hit a fade but I'll see how it goes.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good luck with the move Mike, plenty of courses to choose from in the area and you've picked a good one. Obviously if you wanted to join a really good club you're not too far away from Hayling ;)

I think there is a reciprocal with Hayling?

Blackmoor is a no brainer for me. We drive past it regularly on the way to the in-laws and I keep telling Mrs H that I would join if it was closer. I wasn't actually expecting it to happen though :thup:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think the interview process starts next week. Ads749r has to be the bookies favourite though :D

I think Ads749r would be the perfect replacement although I'm gutted I'll not hear the wails of ".... off Stannard" resonating around the heath of dreams anymore. You can always tell how he's playing. Bad days and these shrikes can be heard from anywhere and a good day is eerily quiet.

What about it then Ads749r? Shall I get us booked in for the winter knockout and the start of a long and winning partnership?

I'm really sorry to be losing you though Mike but as we said yesterday its a no brainer for you and I think Blackmoor will be great for your game. I'll be a regular visitor (sorry Rich) if you'll sign me in and of course you're more than welcome back to slum it at Royal Ascot. Hope the move goes well but I assume we'll see you for a few more weeks

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site
I think the interview process starts next week. Ads749r has to be the bookies favourite though :D
Do I have to wear a suit or can I go smart casual without ruining my reputation. Also what are my odds, can I bet on myself.

I think Ads749r would be the perfect replacement although I'm gutted I'll not hear the wails of ".... off Stannard" resonating around the heath of dreams anymore. You can always tell how he's playing. Bad days and these shrikes can be heard from anywhere and a good day is eerily quiet.

What about it then Ads749r? Shall I get us booked in for the winter knockout and the start of a long and winning partnership?

I'm really sorry to be losing you though Mike but as we said yesterday its a no brainer for you and I think Blackmoor will be great for your game. I'll be a regular visitor (sorry Rich) if you'll sign me in and of course you're more than welcome back to slum it at Royal Ascot. Hope the move goes well but I assume we'll see you for a few more weeks
i can replicate the wails for you for a maximum of 3 months then you will have to get used to mine. Are they big shoes to be filled now mikes leaving. Is winter knockout a euphemism for something that I'm not aware of :) not sure what it is but sign me up homer let the winning begin, that's if I pass the interview process that is. You can judge me this Saturday as I'm in the last group out in stableford so you can stand on the terrace and watch me eagle the 18th and spray me with half a pint of stowford press.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Do I have to wear a suit or can I go smart casual without ruining my reputation. Also what are my odds, can I bet on myself.

You'll be absolutely fine, just don't get down to single figures before Homer does :eek:

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pah....Blackmoor's a goat track!! Not even got Sky TV....:blah:

What time do we tee off Sunday Rich? :whistle:

Good luck at Blackmoor Mike....you'll love it there....great course with dodgy members....you'll fit right in.....:ears:
how long have you been digging the tunnel?

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All sounds like a lot of hassle to me, changing jobs and moving house just so you don't have to play with Homer anymore......couldnt you have just told him :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

i can replicate the wails for you for a maximum of 3 months then you will have to get used to mine. Are they big shoes to be filled now mikes leaving. Is winter knockout a euphemism for something that I'm not aware of :) not sure what it is but sign me up homer let the winning begin, that's if I pass the interview process that is. You can judge me this Saturday as I'm in the last group out in stableford so you can stand on the terrace and watch me eagle the 18th and spray me with half a pint of stowford press.

You'll be absolutely fine, just don't get down to single figures before Homer does :eek:

Pretty big shoes to fill but you've passed the interview and fully signed now which means you're lumbered carrying a dead weight around in all future pairs events. I'd PM Mike and ask for advice asap. I'll be watching your score on Saturday especially as you're out with Billy Koen aren't you. That wil be an education

If you get to single figures before me no sweat. Mike did it with consummate ease

Slicer30

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hawkeye - looked at the layout at both courses. Looks like you will have only 2 Par 5 at the new place, as well as 1 less par 3.

This is similar to a move I could be making in the future - have you given much thought to it? had a good season on our Par 5s and recorded a good few birdies on them. Appreciate the reasons for the move in your case, just wanted yours(and others) thoughts on that aspect.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Hmmm, I think my good reputation is being tarnished. While it is true that in the past my personal "words of encouragement" have been unnecessarily vocal, I have been careful to ensure that is no longer the case and am working to be a little less critical of myself. A sarcastic "Good shot Mike" is now my chosen phrase, with the occasional "knob!" thrown in for the really bad shots :D My behaviour at Blackmoor on Saturday was nothing short of impeccable and that is how it will stay. It must be the Riff Raff at RAGC that bring the worst out in me ;)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hawkeye - looked at the layout at both courses. Looks like you will have only 2 Par 5 at the new place, as well as 1 less par 3.

This is similar to a move I could be making in the future - have you given much thought to it? had a good season on our Par 5s and recorded a good few birdies on them. Appreciate the reasons for the move in your case, just wanted yours(and others) thoughts on that aspect.

Where you considering slicer? Assume this is prompted by HS2? Chiltern Forest? Weston Turville?