On course altercations.

D

Deleted member 15344

Nothing funny about getting cracked on the head by a little white rock either. No excuse for running it up behind people, if someone is that impatient golf is probably not for them.

No one was hit

And yes I believe it’s immature to hit someone else’s ball away just because they hit the bag , it could have been a total accident but it’s just immature petulance - we have blind tee shots at our place and at times someone has teed off thinking a bell has gone and hit someone bag - that person then hasn’t acted out some childish revenge and smacked his ball away - the guy has walked up said sorry and that’s all that’s needed

Smacking the ball is childish playground behaviour you would expect from 11 year olds

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If someone hits a ball up near us, I usually get my marker out and write 'Wait' on the ball. If it happens again another four letter word goes on.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I chucked someone’s ball in a lake before, the 3rd time he’d hit near or into us. He was really vocal before about slow play. The course was full of 4 balls, everyone was waiting, holiday Golf!!
I waited until he could see & chucked his ball in the nearest hazard. He said nothing & hung back for the rest of the round.
It might be immature but it was funny ;)

I’ve also witnessed someone write Knob on another forum members ball in green sharpie. It was shocking/confrontational behaviour from one of the forums Senior citizens :eek:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I’ve also witnessed someone write Knob on another forum members ball in green sharpie. It was shocking/confrontational behaviour from one of the forums Senior citizens :eek:

I didn't realise you were old enough for the state pension :)

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Over the years I've had a couple of meltdowns and on a couple of occasions had to get in between others to assist in a resolution...

But hey, all part and parcel of muni golfing...

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was witness to a great argument in a club memorial event a few years back. Guy from the group behind was going on about slow play even though every group was backed up and it escalated on the 17th tee where we were all waiting. One of our group hit him with the line of "I really can't wait until your name is on this trophy". It took the bloke about 10 seconds to realise he wanted him dead. Sick perhaps but damn funny at the time.

Yes it did kick off from there but I was too busy walking towards the green laughing.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never came to blows or anything. But the worst was one time, just playing onto the 14th green with two mates, a guy playing the adjacent 11th hopped over and went "oi! Do you realise it's clear ahead of you??" My mate is not the sharpest tool just went "oh, brilliant." And the guy said "no it's not brilliant because you're holding everyone up!" This came as news to us as we looked round and the pair behind us had only just reached the 13th tee. We just told him "have a look pal, the pair behind us are over a hole behind, it's them holding you up". He just grumbled and walked off. He didn't even apologise but we just left him to it, not much else you can do really.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I chucked someone’s ball in a lake before, the 3rd time he’d hit near or into us. He was really vocal before about slow play. The course was full of 4 balls, everyone was waiting, holiday Golf!!
I waited until he could see & chucked his ball in the nearest hazard. He said nothing & hung back for the rest of the round.
It might be immature but it was funny ;)

Bloody hooligans