Olympics

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's probably only a matter of time until e-sports/gaming is included.
I suspect you are right, sadly. The defence for keeping e-sports and gaming out is reducing when so many other pastimes and 'non sports' (imo) have been added in already.

(Shuffles away to sit in a corner and be grumpy :LOL:)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not criticising it in any way but have noticed a number of american accents amongst the GB team. First grabbed my attention during the pre and post race interviews with the women runners but again today with the young skateboarder. Have we been on a recruitment drive on the other side of the Atlantic?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Is climbing a wall, doing tricks on a bike or a skateboard? Synchronised swimming, dressage, rythmic gymnastics, surfing.

I'll stop now :LOL:

They’re bringing in a trolley dash around Lidl for the Paris olympics with various disciplines like the wonky wheel, granny in the way, kids on heelies, the coin slot not working properly and my favorite the person who joins the queue then goes and gets more shopping

D

Deleted member 1147

Not criticising it in any way but have noticed a number of american accents amongst the GB team. First grabbed my attention during the pre and post race interviews with the women runners but again today with the young skateboarder. Have we been on a recruitment drive on the other side of the Atlantic?
The skateboarder is half Japanese, half British.
She lives mostly in Japan, but travels a lot in the US due to that being where the competition etc is.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
They’re bringing in a trolley dash around Lidl for the Paris olympics with various disciplines like the wonky wheel, granny in the way, kids on heelies, the coin slot not working properly and my favorite the person who joins the queue then goes and gets more shopping

I've had the nod for the shove halfpenny.

Flying out tomorrow.?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Disagree. Those athletes are not fannying about. Years of dedication and practice.

Same with e sports, I dabble at FIFA and I'm average.. people who put in serious hours and time become outstanding

Many argue golf isn't a sport its a past time so who knows

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The skateboarder is half Japanese, half British.
She lives mostly in Japan, but travels a lot in the US due to that being where the competition etc is.
Any idea why she competes for Britain?? Judging by her Wikipedia she has a British dad, but a Japanese mum and was born and largely lives in Japan. So Japan surely would have been the more logical choice.

D

Deleted member 1147

Any idea why she competes for Britain?? Judging by her Wikipedia she has a British dad, but a Japanese mum and was born and largely lives in Japan. So Japan surely would have been the more logical choice.
I don;t know, but I believe the Japanese are the best at the sport, so she may not have qualified for their team.