Olympics Sweep

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just running a wee sweep to see how many times the British Olympic team is called England by the TV pundits.

The event has not even started yet but my count is 3.

I would estimate 16 by the end of the games.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't care what they call 'our team'...

Just give me back my bloomin' roads please... Olympic ruddy highway is not even officially open yet... I only work 20mins up the road yet Monday it was 50mins and Tuesday was only slghtly better at 40mins... And I only travel alongside the first couple of hundred yards of this lane on the A40 past Hanger Lane... So what it must be like for those that have to endure miles of it...

Was looking forward to the Olympics but now I am not so sure...

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good to see the GB ladies playing so well together in Cardiff... Hopefully the men get on equally as well... Though I do notice the ladies have a 'Yankey' on their team ;)...

Can't see why they can't have Cardiff 2012 on the banners rather than London 2012 :confused:...

Are there any Olympic highways in Cardiff? or Glasgow for that matter for Hampden?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's called Team GB...............but it shouldn't be!
Great Britain consists of England, Scotland & Wales, not Northern Ireland, (they are part of the UK), who are competing as part of Team GB, therefore it should either be called Team GB & NI or Team UK.
:sbox:

Why can't they get it right?

Slime.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site

For me... I didn't realise at the time how much the Olympics would impact on me with regard my journey into my workplace... Currently arriving at work in a very stressed out manner which is never good with eight hours of 'toil' ahead...

I love my sport so perhaps when it all starts and I can actually enjoy seeing some top performances from Team GB [&NI] then I may relax a little...

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
For me... I didn't realise at the time how much the Olympics would impact on me with regard my journey into my workplace... Currently arriving at work in a very stressed out manner which is never good with eight hours of 'toil' ahead...

I love my sport so perhaps when it all starts and I can actually enjoy seeing some top performances from Team GB [&NI] then I may relax a little...

Fair enough......can't argue with that.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just running a wee sweep to see how many times the British Olympic team is called England by the TV pundits.

The event has not even started yet but my count is 3.

I would estimate 16 by the end of the games.

Well it was "England" playing football today according to the 5 live commentator.

Oh, that's radio - doesn't count for your stats!