Old School Meet 2018

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Nick, not an option for me but to report on Tadmarton having hacked it around in 40mph intermittently snow carrying winds yesterday. Tees and greens in great shape, greens shockingly quick for this time of the year. They've obviously spent a bit on re-doing a lot of the bunkers, new grass and sand. Some were back in play but quite a few were GUR although some decent weather may change that. Have a great day all of you.

Thanks Iain, that sounds enticing! :)

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
thats a ping anser? that cant be allowed surely, get yourself a butter knife to putt with haha
It looks pretty old to me. The bloke who lent it to me told me it was the original owned by Karsten Solheim himself. It’s even got the W scratched out on the back

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
They look great!

Is that a persimmon Dunlop driver or laminated?
Looks the business either way, and the Ben Hogans will serve you well, you'll not want to give them back. :D

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
They look great!

Is that a persimmon Dunlop driver or laminated?
Looks the business either way, and the Ben Hogans will serve you well, you'll not want to give them back. :D
I think it’s persimmon. I’ve got a Wilson 4 wood also that looks a lot cheaper so I guess that’s laminated

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Just heard that Blade Junkie can no longer make it as his car has packed up so we're down to 6.

Last shout out for anybody wishing to join us? :swing:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just heard that Blade Junkie can no longer make it as his car has packed up so we're down to 6.

Last shout out for anybody wishing to join us? :swing:

Love to but just too far for me for a one off.

Maybe we should organise a GM hickory meet at an old fashioned links course?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Love to but just too far for me for a one off.

Maybe we should organise a GM hickory meet at an old fashioned links course?

Great idea but as this old school meet hasn't really taken off (and clubs are easy to get hold of) I can't see hickory attracting more than two (me and you!) and as we're a long way apart, unfortunately it's not going to happen.

I read in another post that you'd bought some more clubs, what did you get?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Great idea but as this old school meet hasn't really taken off (and clubs are easy to get hold of) I can't see hickory attracting more than two (me and you!) and as we're a long way apart, unfortunately it's not going to happen.

I read in another post that you'd bought some more clubs, what did you get?

probably.

but your are more than welcome to come for a game up here, so great courses to play hickory's on around my way.

Got a Spalding Brassie, a mashie , a Niblick, a mid iron and a leather and canvas bag. Also trying a different driver as the whipping has come off mine. will post some pics later

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
That's my bag sorted.

• Titleist Tour Model persimmon driver
  • Arnold Palmer by Uniroyal laminated 3 & 4 woods
  • Slazenger Plus International 3 to PW, I've been bursting to hit these since I bought them back in October.
  • Halley Pinmaster sand iron
  • Wilson Staff 8813 putter

And the promised glorious weather looks like it might actually materialise!

Bag for Tadmarton.jpg

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No photos but a Cypress Point persimmon driver, Blue Flash 2 wood, Titleist 4 wood, Ben Hogan 2 iron, Max Faulkener irons ( plus a couple of odd irons that make up the spaces) and an old hickory shafted putter

Will see you all tomorrow.