Old School Meet 2018

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
As we're a little light on numbers I'm thinking about opening this up to a few people who aren't on the forum.

Does anybody have any objections?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Two more to add to the list so we now look like below:

1. therod
  2. dan2844
  3. Crow
  4. Bigfoot
  5. E G
  6. C M

Anybody else tempted to make the trip to Tadmarton Heath for a bit of golf as it should be played? ;)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Ringers then, as they have to stay incognito.

They have played a bit of vintage golf but as I've not met either of them before I didn't want to put their actual names down.

I'm sure that they'll bring some good looking clubs and get into the spirit of the day!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
A quick bump for this one with just over three weeks to go.

All the Siberian weather should have blown over by then with (as previously mentioned..) a glorious day in prospect for Sunday 25th March.

We currently have 6 starters so plenty of room for more.

I can loan out up to three sets of clubs at the rate of a £5 donation to this year's H4H fund, one such set of irons shown below are the John Letters Gary Player Master Model dating from the sixties so 50 years old, and they play really well.

John Letters, Gary Player irons.jpg

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Yep I’m still up for it nick, should be ok for irons. Not sure about woods. I don’t fancy the driver much :eek:

It's not a long course, anything down the middle will be fine!

You'll probably be able to take an iron on many of the par 4s anyway. :D

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nick

Not certain yet but looking like I may be able to make this now as the house move is being shunted back it seems, will confirm as soon as I can (and expect I may need a club lend if my current blades arent deemed old enough ;) ) Will let you know as soon as i know more

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Nick

Not certain yet but looking like I may be able to make this now as the house move is being shunted back it seems, will confirm as soon as I can (and expect I may need a club lend if my current blades arent deemed old enough ;) ) Will let you know as soon as i know more

That would be great Steve, if you can make it I'll post more pictures of the club choices and you can take your pick. :thup:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
ONE WEEK TO GO!!!

Looks like we might get a couple more from the Persimmon Golf Society which will mean Golf Monthly will be outnumbered! :eek:

Come on chaps, there must be one more at least who's willing to take a chance on enjoying themselves?

One of the guests from PGS has offered to bring some Dunlop 65 balls for anyone who wants to play one, which will complete the old school experience!

Confirmation of times etc and a few more details:

• Tee time will be from 12.00
  • Conforming clubs: Woods must be wooden, irons must be (or resemble) blades, putter should be old and not resemble a starship.
  • Breakfast is served from 10 am so I'll be there around 10.45 to take full advantage.
I'll probably do a draw on the day for groups.
As we have a mix of experience and not, I won't ask for money for a prize but will bring along something of absolutely zero worth for the winner, which could be you!

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
ONE WEEK TO GO!!!

Looks like we might get a couple more from the Persimmon Golf Society which will mean Golf Monthly will be outnumbered! :eek:

Come on chaps, there must be one more at least who's willing to take a chance on enjoying themselves?

One of the guests from PGS has offered to bring some Dunlop 65 balls for anyone who wants to play one, which will complete the old school experience!

Confirmation of times etc and a few more details:

• Tee time will be from 12.00
  • Conforming clubs: Woods must be wooden, irons must be (or resemble) blades, putter should be old and not resemble a starship.
  • Breakfast is served from 10 am so I'll be there around 10.45 to take full advantage.
I'll probably do a draw on the day for groups.
As we have a mix of experience and not, I won't ask for money for a prize but will bring along something of absolutely zero worth for the winner, which could be you!

Excellent but please note - if it is cold, I will be wearing modern warm clothes including waterproofs. I do not own any plus fours either.

Good to see the snow came this weekend.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Excellent but please note - if it is cold, I will be wearing modern warm clothes including waterproofs. I do not own any plus fours either.

Good to see the snow came this weekend.

:D

Just to confirm, this isn't a plus fours event, only the clubs need to be old school, as long as you meet Tadmarton's dress code (hope I'm not being controversial by referring to dress codes...) then you'll be fine.

Agree re the snow, but as I've said all along, the 25th will be glorious!

(The two possibles from Persimmon Golf aren't now coming so we're currently 7 as previous post)

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Nick, not an option for me but to report on Tadmarton having hacked it around in 40mph intermittently snow carrying winds yesterday. Tees and greens in great shape, greens shockingly quick for this time of the year. They've obviously spent a bit on re-doing a lot of the bunkers, new grass and sand. Some were back in play but quite a few were GUR although some decent weather may change that. Have a great day all of you.