Ok so the TopTracer has been lying to me … following on from previous thread.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ain’t playing in this wind pal. You carry on tho
When people say get out and play, they don’t mean right now?
What they are trying to tell you, is that you need to get on a course and learn to play golf. What you are doing at the moment is learning to hit a ball and that can be a million miles away from playing golf on a golf course. Use the range to hone swing and practise what the pro has taught you, but it is not playing golf

Jason.H

Visit site
Nah I’d rather spend it enjoying a round outdoors risking my life from falling trees. Lol

I’ve been lent a club in the past and found myself getting very attached by not wanting to give it back. I’ll get fitted once the season is out ready for next year ??
Don’t worry about the knockers, I get grief for spending time in a practice bunker.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
What are you using to measure these figures?

Whatever it is the device seems fairly basic as the efficiency (smash factor) appears to be set by the operator and the device then works out either ball speed or clubhead speed from there.
If you look at the figures, the efficiency (smash factor) never alters for any iron and is even the same across several irons at 1.36

I'd guess (hope) that the device has measured ball speed and calculated clubhead speed from there. As an example; your first shot with the 9 iron; Ball speed of 111.4 divided by Efficiency of 1.36 = Clubhead speed of 81.9

This might be common on such devices but it does raise the question of which other figures are derived rather than measured?

D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry but 200 yard 6 irons ?! And only started last year ??

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
If I was you I'd be replacing those irons. Spin is too low and your getting too much run. Your carries are similar to mine but even with a 5 iron I tend to have less than 5yds of run out.
He’ll be fine. Yes spin is a little low, but peak height is plenty high and decent angle is on the money.
Consistency may be a little wayward, but as he’s only just starting there will be bigger issues to deal with.

Bamberdele21

Visit site

Whatever it is the device seems fairly basic as the efficiency (smash factor) appears to be set by the operator and the device then works out either ball speed or clubhead speed from there.
If you look at the figures, the efficiency (smash factor) never alters for any iron and is even the same across several irons at 1.36

I'd guess (hope) that the device has measured ball speed and calculated clubhead speed from there. As an example; your first shot with the 9 iron; Ball speed of 111.4 divided by Efficiency of 1.36 = Clubhead speed of 81.9

This might be common on such devices but it does raise the question of which other figures are derived rather than measured?

It’s whatever they use at American Golf. I imagine they use the same systems across the country

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
When people say get out and play, they don’t mean right now?
What they are trying to tell you, is that you need to get on a course and learn to play golf. What you are doing at the moment is learning to hit a ball and that can be a million miles away from playing golf on a golf course. Use the range to hone swing and practise what the pro has taught you, but it is not playing golf

THIS

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As already mentioned, height and descent angle way better but like crow said I’m wondering whether they are measured or pre-programmed based on the club being used. You’ll only know when you get out on a course and see the ball flight for yourself.

The other thing that doesn’t seem quite right is the club speed for those carry distances, ie club speed a couple of mph more than me but carry of 9-6 are 20+ yards more than mine.
I know they are calculated from ball speed and a given efficiency but I’d like to think I hit the ball relatively efficiently so would be close to that number.

I dunno, I’m sort of thinking out loud now.

All of that aside, the way you hit your irons you only need a half decent short game and course management and you’ll be single figures Before long.

Springveldt

Visit site

@Bamberdele21 will be swinging faster than the stated clubhead speed as the unit is calculating it on perfect strikes which he will not be delivering.

This might be common on such devices but it does raise the question of which other figures are derived rather than measured
Probably a GC2 and yes the smash factor is fixed per iron so clubhead speed is just ball speed / smash factor as it doesn’t measure club data. The unit only measures ball data but the speed/launch/spin are usually pretty accurate. It can get the carry distance off on low spinning shots, all Foresight units do.

@Bamberdele21 will be swinging faster than the stated speed due to it using max smash factor and he will not be delivering perfect strikes.

The spin numbers are low but depending on the model they might actually not be that bad. The Radspeed 7 iron is 27 degrees, that’s an old school 5 iron loft and half a degree stronger than my i500 6 iron.

Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Probably a GC2 and yes the smash factor is fixed per iron so clubhead speed is just ball speed / smash factor as it doesn’t measure club data. The unit only measures ball data but the speed/launch/spin are usually pretty accurate. It can get the carry distance off on low spinning shots, all Foresight units do.

The spin numbers are low but depending on the model they might actually not be that bad. The Radspeed 7 iron is 27 degrees, that’s an old school 5 iron loft and half a degree stronger than my i500 6 iron.

What are the lofts on these one length irons. I suppose knowing that is important when looking at these numbers.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It’s whatever they use at American Golf. I imagine they use the same systems across the country

Ah, American Golf, make sure they don’t set it up with a 50 mph tail wind….
Seriously though those distances look impressive ? and you obviously have natural talent.
Believe you played as a junior, from the other thread.