oblivious self-entitlement

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He's taken that badly hasn't he! What a prat.

A lot of golf course reviews I've seen are littered with misplaced reviews like that though. I often see people give courses 1 and 2 stars just because they were stuck behind some slow players who wouldn't let them through and it ruined their round. Fail to see how that is the course's fault!

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Update on Twitter is saying that the club members have asked him to resign his captaincy.

The power of social media is a wondrous and dangerous thing all at once

D

Deleted Member 1156

I was invited to play at this guy's club yesterday and it is fair to say that the matter is very much ongoing! The chap who invited me just so happens to be on the committee and has been asked to form a panel for a formal hearing. The club are very embarrassed by the affair and there are now lawyers, disciplinary hearings, suspensions and all sorts going on. I notice that the original article on this website has also been removed, probably at the request of the club and the person involved has also removed several other bogus Tripadvisor reviews.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was invited to play at this guy's club yesterday and it is fair to say that the matter is very much ongoing! The chap who invited me just so happens to be on the committee and has been asked to form a panel for a formal hearing. The club are very embarrassed by the affair and there are now lawyers, disciplinary hearings, suspensions and all sorts going on. I notice that the original article on this website has also been removed, probably at the request of the club and the person involved has also removed several other bogus Tripadvisor reviews.

What did you think of the course? I used to play there a bit as a teenager. My recollection is some great views and a couple of decent holes, but overall, the views are better than the course. I'm wondering if it's changed much in the 20 odd years that have passed by since!

Presumably his tenure as Captain is over now anyway, regardless of whether it would have been terminated otherwise?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

It is going to roll and roll and end up ugly and once the press and social media get hold of the outcome, it'll be used to show how stuck in the dark ages golf is. Does the sport no favours but the instigator was an idiot and he must expect his actions to have repurcussions

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think he was a fool, as so many are, to think an internet user name to hide behind means they can say and do things they wouldn't in ordinary life.

He's probably a very nice guy in person.