oblivious self-entitlement

D

Deleted member 16999

Brilliant reply from the Club, easy for the other ar5e to hide behind a username.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I didn't know that Worplesdon "didn't do the freebie for Captains thing" as most Clubs I am aware of do...

But the guy got my goat with his "top 200 and 2nd in the South West" boast... hey, I lived for 20 years in the South West Region, and I'm left wondering which club he is Captain of! (No doubt their website claim to have "some of the best greens in the County" )

And if Worplesdon don't do it, that's their business....

Taking to Trip Advisor just makes him look a wally..

..........and for the record, there isn't a Club in Surrey called "West Hills" :D And by not playing Worp' you've missed out.

Good reply Chris....see you next time I'm passing... drinks on me!

D

Deleted member 15344

Know plenty of people who believe in this “privilege” or “entitlement” or whatever they call it - the same people believe that the Captain of the Club is some god like figure who must be obeyed - it’s antiquated and a tradition that should die away.

By all means ask to visit and see if they offer something but if they don’t then dip your hand in your pocket and pay like the rest of us

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I am super happy that he was told politely to do one! He will no doubt regret coming out on trip advisor and acting like a prize douche. Hope his club take action against him as it seems like he’s just taken the captaincy to get free golf.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
An idiot of grand scale and I hope the club take a very dim view of his antics and bringing their name into disrepute. I know our captain has the option of approaching other Royal clubs during office but they have every right to turn him down (and some do). It is a privilege associated with office and clearly some have to abuse it. I have no qualms with any captain using it and don't see it as antiquated, more a perk of the post but it needs to be done with thought and consideration and not abused as in this case

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Shame on him, I would never dream of using my position to scrounge a game at a prestige course. :D

But PM me anyway, just in case I'm available. :rofl:

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am super happy that he was told politely to do one! He will no doubt regret coming out on trip advisor and acting like a prize douche. Hope his club take action against him as it seems like he’s just taken the captaincy to get free golf.

What are the odds he never used his captaincy to get a courtesy at a course charging less than a 60 quid green fee?

G

guest100718

sounds like he has had a fair few free rounds of golf though.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i quite like the idea of captains getting free rounds. its a nice touch.

if he was spoken to rudely over the phone that is also a poor show.

no excuse for the captains toys out of the pram tirade.