NW WLC ***Round 1*** St annes old links Sunday 20th October 2013

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really enjoyed the day if not my golf!

Good to meet golfandmoregolf, sorry you're first experience of links golf was ruined by the weather and my embarrassing attempts on the greens!! You played some good stuff fella.

Junior was his usual steady stuff, well played mate :thup:

Hope all who were driving from afar got home safe.

Birchy, again well played on organising these sir, great work :thup:

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great day on a top track! Great turn out and great organisation by the ever green (trousered) Birchy and Val.... They weather tried to spoil it, but was a great day in the end. The course played a lot easier than in the Kilgrimol Trophy, but none the less anything above 36 points was great shooting. I think I need another new putter as mine clearly doesn't work ;) Great to meet hamshanker, hogie and hogie jnr.... Great company all round...

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds like you all had a great dad lads ...........gutted I cant make the sunday's (I know u lot wont care)

Looks like the usual suspects took the prizes!

Coolio talk us through the bunker :rofl:

D

Deleted member 17920

Got back in 2hrs 15 and the weather on the way home was just like on the course! Great day and well done to birchy for organising the day. Great to see qwerty in action level par on the front 9 and so steady. 2 bogeys on the back 9 for a fantastic 42 points. Thanks to fish and pogster for a good laugh as well. Fish could turn to be a great baseball player!!! The rain from the 9th was just brutal and thank god I didn't take any cars out when I managed to put the ball in the car park from the spare hole!!!

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another superb well attended meet at a very classy golf club. Good to play with Fish and Podgster again and great to meet Glynn(Lincoln Quaker) I really enjoyed your company today fellas. :thup:
The weather was a bit rough around 10,11,12 but it didn't dampen spirits, its just good to get out for a game on a decent course before the winter really kicks in.
Also Well done Gary on that level par round today mate, great golf in those conditions, and thanks for making the trip over.

Val, Birchy, huge thanks for the superb organisation today fellas :thup: And Val thanks for the nearest pin prize,Nice gesture much appreciated mate :thup: I'll get stuck into it next weekend.

See you all Formby Folks.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A bit over 2.5hrs for the trip back and it piddled it down again but well worth it.

Thanks to Gary and Craig for your company in some testing conditions at times. I think the best way of describing my day was "got away with it!".
Better to be lucky than good :)

Thanks to Scott and Martin for the organisation, smooth as ever. :thup: Well done too to Dave on a cracking score. Got my revenge though thanks to Paul Casey :D

Andy also sends his thanks, he really enjoyed it.

LQ - Assuming that's you in at 9:50 for the Old Links Trophy (?), I'm now the third player in your group. Hope that's ok with you.
£35 for 36 holes including prizes? I feel I should play in a balaclava and a stripey top!

Last edited:

hamshanker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Birchy and Val thx very much for for your time and orginisation on a great course much appreciated..

Was good to see everyone from when i played last and also new ones and good to put face to them.Like to say thx to Karl102,hogie and hogie jnr for an enjoyable round except wen my umbrella decided to turn inside out just as the heaviest downpour started and needless to say it ended up in the next available bin:smirk:.Oh and hogie jnr great effort on the 19th hole 2" short of an ace would have been nice to see it go in though drinks all round :cheers:

D

Deleted member 17920

LQ - Assuming that's you in at 9:50 for the Old Links Trophy (?), I'm now the third player in your group. Hope that's ok with you.
£35 for 36 holes including prizes? I feel I should play in a balaclava and a stripey top!
Yes mate thats the one of the 1st tee.cant go wrong for that price. Also great shooting today level par even in the sidewards rain.

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks to everyone concerned for a great day out,played like a plonker for the first 9 but quite pleased with back 9,hamshanker and karl102 were great company on our first meet with the golf monthly lads.
Junior went home and told his girlfriend he was 2" away from an ace, she asked if it was not his normal 12", i am not quite sure what she means :eek:

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ih really enjoyed the day despite the heavy showers and the bunkers, thanks to Birchy and Val for the organising and my partners Junior, great to watch as ever, NWJocko hitting it a mile but sadly struggling with the short ones, and golfandmoregolf, played nicely but was the only one of us to find the heavy stuff despite not being too far off the short stuff.
Looking forward to Formby.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
another top day out! pleasure witnessing a level par round. great shooting gary!

nice to play with new faces. craig stuck in there even when the rain was getting to him. andy plays with a smile. cheers gents :)

thanks for the lift podge, even though I fell asleep on the way back. :eek:

thanks to val and birchy for putting this together! great work fellas!

only pity was the greens today. :(

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks to everyone concerned for a great day out,played like a plonker for the first 9 but quite pleased with back 9,hamshanker and karl102 were great company on our first meet with the golf monthly lads.
Junior went home and told his girlfriend he was 2" away from an ace, she asked if it was not his normal 12", i am not quite sure what she means :eek:

Ha ha! That was so so close... Half a roll and it was there. Don't get closer than that!

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like you all had a great dad lads ...........gutted I cant make the sunday's (I know u lot wont care)

Looks like the usual suspects took the prizes!

Coolio talk us through the bunker :rofl:

Listen to this for the best sob story you have ever heard :rofl:

Hits my tee shot into fairway bunker down the 5th.

First attempt to get out hits the face and rolls back in.

Second attempt gets plugged in the face.

I remove the ball from the face to find a huge lump of mud on the ball :rolleyes:

Drops the ball back into bunker under penalty and the ball plugs :rolleyes:

Next attempt to get out hits the face and as it comes back I try to pull club to the side out of way and hit the ball on the way back :rolleyes:

Decided enough was enough and picked it up and walked off uttering multiple expletives at myself. :D

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site

I remove the ball from the face to find a huge lump of mud on the ball :rolleyes:

Next attempt to get out hits the face and as it comes back I try to pull club to the side out of way and hit the ball on the way back :rolleyes:

Decided enough was enough and picked it up and walked off uttering multiple expletives at myself. :D

Haha sat in work since 7 don't normally start till 9.....

Mad busy but that made my day haha

D

Deleted member 17920

You know its not going to be your day when that happens. Those bunkers were hard as nails yesterday. I went in 3 and everyone was plugged right against the face or right in the corner!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
louise will be a long shortly with her tales of bunker woe!

I thought they were grand. lots of sand in them to splash out. completely different to the bunkers that frequent many inland courses.