NW WLC ***Round 1*** St annes old links Sunday 20th October 2013

D

Deleted member 17920

From when we played in the kilgrimol there isn't much room if you miss the fairways. The lad I played with top it off the 10th tee and the rough was incredible. I am looking forward to it.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What time is everyone arriving for? Or perhaps more relevant, what time are the bacon butties being served?

And will you lot please wear badges so I ain't walking around the car park talking to the wrong strangers like a proper n00b. I'll get nicked for that in Lytham.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What time is everyone arriving for? Or perhaps more relevant, what time are the bacon butties being served?

And will you lot please wear badges so I ain't walking around the car park talking to the wrong strangers like a proper n00b. I'll get nicked for that in Lytham.

It wouldn't be at all funny, if everyone said:-

"no mate, were not from a forum" :D

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It wouldn't be at all funny, if everyone said:-

"no mate, were not from a forum" :D

Golf balls to it then, I'm gonna turn up with a sausage and egg mcmuffin and stand on the first tee asking whomever if they know Birchy during their backswing. I'll soon get an answer then....more than likely delivered in a scouse (kirby kiss) method than a Lytham method, though...

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site

Im hoping to get there Earlyish, Hopefully about 10:00. Im going to get a bite to eat then get on that huge putting green for a while. The greens are usually rapid and can take some getting used to.
Really looking forward to this now :thup:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Golf balls to it then, I'm gonna turn up with a sausage and egg mcmuffin and stand on the first tee asking whomever if they know Birchy during their backswing. I'll soon get an answer then....more than likely delivered in a scouse (kirby kiss) method than a Lytham method, though...

Its a good job Scouser isn't going.

You could recite war and peace on his back(over)swing.....

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
## Bump ## and a kind reminder for everyone playing SAOL on Sunday, to bring the kind charitable donations along.

If you can give them to gary in derry, the slightly dishevelled Irish gentleman with no shoes on.;):D

Thanks again,everyone, most kind.

hamshanker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Im looking to get there about 9.30 ish something to eat n drink bit of practice and then nob on the 1st tee :D

Fish

Banned
Visit site
## Bump ## and a kind reminder for everyone playing SAOL on Sunday, to bring the kind charitable donations along.

If you can give them to gary in derry, the slightly dishevelled Irish gentleman with no shoes on.;):D

Thanks again,everyone, most kind.

Do they have to be golf related?

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

There's an easy give away mate, there are 2 Scottish lads playing and 1 Irish, you'll recognise the accents ;)

gregbwfc

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Odvan,don't sweat it mate.
You're playing with me (tall,dark and ugly)
Birchy (he'll probably be wearing a luminous pair of pants) and
Valentino (Scottish and angry :D - not forgot Old Links mate, that was ace )

Looking forward to seeing you all, old and new.

thepodgster

Head Pro
Visit site
Guys,

Just wanted to come along and say a big thankyou to those organising today and good fun was had by all, well nearly all courtesy of the weather.

Fish, Glynn and Dave it was a pleasure to share your company especially watching Dave produce golf that would not have looked out of place on Sky!

Fish - remember young man, skin is waterproof, admin is not a dirty word and no matter what the weather forecast says always have your waterproofs to hand :)

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
What an enjoyable day! Great turnout and some great golf played, the weather stunk rotten at times but im glad it didnt ruin loads of scores. I felt that there was a good score out there today and conditions were decent apart from the rain despite me playing like a complete turd.

Thanks for everyone that made the trip especially the guys making a long distance drive. Well done to Dave on a smashing 42 points and Gary with a great 41 points with a level par gross score Junior on 40 points made up the top 3

Thanks to Greg, Val & Matt for the great company. Greg played very well and could of scored even better despite bombing a hole & pretty much the same with Val, played some great stuff and is catching fire now hes had a couple of cuts :D

Well played Matt as well with a good solid score on his forum debut. Hit some awesome shots for a 17 hcapper! That will come down mate, no doubt. :thup:

I played like a complete and utter tallywacker. Feel like ive been holding on with my game the last few weeks and today it unravelled big time, needs a bit of work to put me back on track after today!

gregbwfc

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Scott, if you've still got my card mate, check it will you.
No, I haven't found 4 points from nowwhere :D, think me and Matt got me too many points, should be at least 1 less I reckon.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
No, I haven't found 4 points from nowwhere :D, think me and Matt got me too many points, should be at least 1 less I reckon.

In fact edit, yes your were 1 point too many.

3 for 3 on the 9th should of been 3 for 2. :thup:

Last edited:

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

He's probably right Birchy! Still getting to grips with this scoring larky.....

Some fantastic scores given the conditions, course was really nice and in top nick. Greg, Scott, Martin...many thanks for putting me at ease, thoroughly enjoyed the round and look forward to a few more.

And to Greg's point re giving a bit of stick back, well now I'm back behind mi keyboard....Scott, if I'd have known you a bit longer I'd have been in stitches stood over that bunker with you ;), particularly as you plugged it on your drop after deeming your plugged ball unplayable. Would have killed most rounds that!

My mistake of the day....not ordering the chicken!

Cheers Birchy, top man.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
He's probably right Birchy! Still getting to grips with this scoring larky.....

Some fantastic scores given the conditions, course was really nice and in top nick. Greg, Scott, Martin...many thanks for putting me at ease, thoroughly enjoyed the round and look forward to a few more.

And to Greg's point re giving a bit of stick back, well now I'm back behind mi keyboard....Scott, if I'd have known you a bit longer I'd have been in stitches stood over that bunker with you ;), particularly as you plugged it on your drop after deeming your plugged ball unplayable. Would have killed most rounds that!

My mistake of the day....not ordering the chicken!

Cheers Birchy, top man.

You couldnt of wrote that script for your worst enemy could you mate :D

Unreal! Never seen anything like that! :angry:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the game Iain, Pete and Lou, great company and a great course. Weather was brutal at times and im glad we had more holes without rain than with. Thanks also to those that travelled from far afield to play!!!

Great shooting Gary and Dave!!

Apoligies for having to race off afterwards !!