Nottingham what is happening there this morning

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
major incident with fire etc there...wouldn't surprise me if it's a suspicious package/box etc and bomb disposal will be called in.

Pure speculation though

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Saw a news clip with a witness saying that they'd been woken up by what sounded like gunfire and then saw armed police tazering a guy in a van and then dragging him out and arresting him.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Awful day for the city I was born in (and where my sister still lives). Got loads of friends there too and was only up there last Wednesday for a gig, not far from where stuff kicked off today. Those poor families :(

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
What is the world coming to. These random acts of violence seem to be happening more and more.

So sorry for the families.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got terrorism written all over this from what I’ve read.
Not wanting to speculate (but possibly doing that anyway): terror attacks don't usually happen in the early hours - they want maximum exposure and maximum casualties. As I mentioned earlier, I suspect this may be drug and/or gang related

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sitting watching this develop from just down the road in Melton. Still feels pretty close to home, especially as I am heading in to Nottingham on Saturday. Thoughts go out to all those affected.

The reporting of it and the information coming out is very odd. It is being reported as you would expect on a terrorist incident but the time of day just does not seem to fit.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sitting watching this develop from just down the road in Melton. Still feels pretty close to home, especially as I am heading in to Nottingham on Saturday. Thoughts go out to all those affected.

The reporting of it and the information coming out is very odd. It is being reported as you would expect on a terrorist incident but the time of day just does not seem to fit.

Yeah it seems like some of those who were hit by the van just happened to be in the way as he was trying to escape from the police. Tragic stuff.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Three innocent people, including two teenagers with their whole lives ahead of them, removed from this world by a maniac with a knife. Three more hanging on to life by a thread thanks to the same bloke who mowed them down with a stolen vehicle.
What a world we live in.
Bring back the death penalty, I don't want to pay my hard earned money to keep bastards like this alive.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just heard the statements from the families of the students who were killed. So sad - words fail me. Cannot imagine their pain. The world lost two amazing young people yesterday just making their mark in the world.

Not forgetting the van driver...RIP.
Awful really. Two kids with their lives ahead of them, who chose Nottingham to spend the best years of their young adult lives.

It's a wonderful city and I hate that this has happened to reflect it in a bad light, as on the whole it's a great place to spend your university years. I know so many people who are absolutely shaken by this news (understandably)...just unfathomable. I can't imagine the pain their families must be going through.

D

Deleted member 31467

Details emerging about the perp. Yet another senseless crime committed by someone that should never have been allowed into the country in the first place.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Details emerging about the perp. Yet another senseless crime committed by someone that should never have been allowed into the country in the first place.
As far as I'm aware, there's been absolutely nothing mentioned about him being in the country illegally. He's of West African origin (allegedly..this was first reported by GB "News"), but for all we know, may have been living here since birth. Absolutely ludicrous to speculate and start flag waving and preaching about stopping the boats without the full story.