Nike Sumo Irons

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hello fellow golfers, i'm new to the board.

Does anyone have any feedback on the nike sumo irons?

I'm a 28 handicap however last week I borrowed a set of pings and got round in 95...... was obviously over the moon at this so i'm now looking at investing in some irons as the pings improved my game no end (i currently have a set of clubs that were £150 brand new).

Although i got on well with the pings I love the look of these nike irons so will be trying out both the pings and nikes before i make a purchase.

Any help is appreciated.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Minty, welcome to THE golfing forum.

I have yet to see the Sumo irons but I would steer you towards something like Wilson Di7's because they get a very impressive write up and are only £240 brand new in American Golf. However if you have your heart set I would go for Ping as I feel that £30 in every £100 spent on Nike goes to Tiger

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks for the reccomendation, i'll try the wilsons as well. I'm going AG tomorrow so will try about 4 different sets before making my mind up.

When I see my pro hit my clubs I think whats the point in buying new ones but after using the pings I definitely gained distance and any slightly miss-timed shots didnt go horribly wrong.

Can I also have your advice on drivers.....

I gave my mates nike sq driver a wack a month or so ago and creamed it dead straight about 250yds.... could have been a one off but was thinking about blowing some cash on one of them aswell.

Sorry to sound like a nike nut! i'm sure loads of other brands have just as good clubs at a fraction of the cost.

mickytwodesks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Minty,

I have only been playing golf for about 11 months but i have built up a decent bit of kit after going to AG (and my Pro) and trying loads of clubs!

I'd recommend trying some Mizunos MX-17s or MX-19s, they are a very forgiving club.

For my big dog i've got a Sasquatch SUMO2 and its the only driver that doesnt fly off onto the adjacent fairway :D

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't speak for the sumo, but I know that the ignite set have received some good independent reviews.
Don't forget to try Mizuno, Wilson Staff, and one of the non-premium brands.
I wouldn't personaly buy any Nike equipment. Then again, I don't shop at Tesco or go to BP.
Good luck!

Dave

T

thecraw

I know I always say this but try the Srixons as well they are fantastic looking irons and value wise, like the Wilsons cant be beaten, think the model is i601.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I know I always say this but try the Srixons as well they are fantastic looking irons and value wise, like the Wilsons cant be beaten, think the model is i601.

I have been looking at the Srixon I-601, I know AG dont stock them so I can not try anywhere. It would be great to hear of someones reviews?