New to golf

Samdwich87

Visit site
Hi all,

Fairly new to golf, been the driving range a few times in the past but now interested in trying to get better and am joining a club with a couple of friends.
looking for some tips on my swing and anything else anyone see’s worth mentioning.
I do seem to be suffering from quite a bad slice and have been trying to work on grip and downswing path...Irons are worse just don’t seem to be hitting them clean at all. My first shots yesterday I missed the ball completely and made a divot in front of my feet alongside the ball.
Have attached some videos for you thoughts.
thanks

ntipping

Visit site
Good looking swing for a newbie! The one thing that I have noticed is that you need to stand in a more upright position. I'm not expert, but this is something a pro told me last week on a lesson.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Try and rotate your body around a stable spine angle.

At the moment you're moving around a lot, up and down and probably sideways too, which makes it hard to return the club head back to the ball.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You have a very common problem that you've already mentioned, the swing path into impact.
This must be changed now or you'll have it forever and you'll never be any good.

Try this drill below.
I was hitting driver but I suggest you start with something like a 7 iron
The idea is to swing in such a way that you don't hit the head covers.
Start off slowly and with a half swing then gradually build.

The other thing to fix very soon is your finishing position.
You finish with both feet flat on the floor.
This is not good. Not only is is bad for your swing, it also puts a lot of strain on your back.

Watch the guys on tele, they all finish up on their right toe (righthanders)

AR-200619157.jpg&updated=202006191354&MaxW=900&maxH=900&noborder&Q=80.jpg

Visit site
Agreed. Get lessons, build the template and get the basics right and your set for your golfing career
Couldn't agree more. For some time I had been tinkering with this that and the other using YouTube etc to stop my fade/slice and get a more consistent impact (I'm just returning to golf after 25 plus years). I wasn't getting anywhere and this week saw a local pro and 30 mins into a 60 min lesson my impact was consistent/solid with the ball flight very neutral. Very much worth it.