New, redesigned issue of Golf Monthly out now!

NBonfield

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

The new issue of Golf Monthly is on sale now! We've been hard at work revamping the magazine over the last couple of months, and the result is a sleek, new-look publication with new sections, columnists, design features and much more. To acquaint yourself with what's inside, click here: http://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/magazine/latestissue.html

We hope you enjoy the magazine, and let us know what you think of the redesign!

Hope all is well,

Nick

May-collage-1.jpg

Attachments

• jose.jpg
    jose.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's just a naming convention defined by a number of factors, producing 13 issues a year etc. Just go on the on-sale dates on the spine

Surely the April issue should be out at the end of March and the 13th edition being like the summer edition or something of that ilk? I've always wondered since I worked in a newsagents about 17 years ago.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi stupid question so shoot me down if you have to.

But if I subscribe to the ipad only version will I still get my free Golf balls or whatever this months offer is? Cheers

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Surely the April issue should be out at the end of March and the 13th edition being like the summer edition or something of that ilk? I've always wondered since I worked in a newsagents about 17 years ago.

Its industry standard in magazine publishing for monthlies - has been for the 25 years I've worked in the business. Introduced so I undersatnd so monthly magazines didnt seem out of date on the newsstand

we publish 13 issues a year now so a new copy every 4 weeks. our 13th issue is always an open special and goes on sale mid June - that means the coverdates seem especially early before that point but reset a bit afterwards. August coverdate goes on sale on July 10 so is actaully on sale in the calendar month of August.

when we moved to 13 issues I wantesd tio go to year, volume naming convention so 2014 volumes 1-13....

but i was told that would massively confuse newstrade

easier to go by who is on the cover - last issue was Andy Sullivan, this new one is Darren Clarke and so on

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Its industry standard in magazine publishing for monthlies - has been for the 25 years I've worked in the business. Introduced so I undersatnd so monthly magazines didnt seem out of date on the newsstand

we publish 13 issues a year now so a new copy every 4 weeks. our 13th issue is always an open special and goes on sale mid June - that means the coverdates seem especially early before that point but reset a bit afterwards. August coverdate goes on sale on July 10 so is actaully on sale in the calendar month of August.

when we moved to 13 issues I wantesd tio go to year, volume naming convention so 2014 volumes 1-13....

easier to go by who is on the cover - last issue was Andy Sullivan, this new one is Darren Clarke and so on

Cheers Mike, I knew someone would have the answer.

Volumes would've been good, let me think what type of magazine uses volumes instead of dates?????

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

useful and interesting info there Mike, Thanks.

I have to ask though is the Darren Clark cover pic this month photoshopped? (especially his face)

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
useful and interesting info there Mike, Thanks.

I have to ask though is the Darren Clark cover pic this month photoshopped? (especially his face)

we retouch all our cover images (and to a degree every image in the mag) to make them as bright as possible and normally have to take a bit of shadow off that comes from players wearing caps and visors

however if you asking what i think youlre asking - if we've made his face look any thinner the answer is no - he has just lost a hell of a lot of weight!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
we retouch all our cover images (and to a degree every image in the mag) to make them as bright as possible and normally have to take a bit of shadow off that comes from players wearing caps and visors

however if you asking what i think youlre asking - if we've made his face look any thinner the answer is no - he has just lost a hell of a lot of weight!

yes that is what I was asking, I met Darren last year, havent seen him since really and the pic just didn't register as 'him'.

Good for him, isn't easy as we mature to shift those pesky pounds/stones :whistle:

V

vkurup

Nick.. I still havent got my first sub copy - even though I paid for my sub on Dec 5th!!! Amazing.

An angry phone call making it way to the subs guys in the basement tomorrow when I get my head out of meetings.

D

Deleted member 15344

Clarke has lost a lot of weight doing "weights" and changing his diet - there was an article about it on a recent ET program after he played well at the recent PGA event

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
talking of losing weight, if it wasn't bad enough seeing imurg busting out on the Callaway tread, i opened then new mag to see another chunkster in the TM fitting.... one thing no one cae acuse GM of is being Fattist;)

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Downloaded ipad version last night, 1st impressions are very good and I love how you can watch videos etc on it ( coaching section). The picture quality are superb and the pages are nicely formed and smooth!

big thumbs up from me :)

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
talking of losing weight, if it wasn't bad enough seeing imurg busting out on the Callaway tread, i opened then new mag to see another chunkster in the TM fitting.... one thing no one cae acuse GM of is being Fattist;)

as long as I'm the editor, the larger athlete will always have a major role to play in GM!

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site

Its the cameras fault :mmm:

:D

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
bought but still in the wrapper, saving for a hosp appointment next week where i might spend hours in royal berks hosp! I could always go and find Homer and make him buy me a coffee!